• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Only getting 3V on 12V. PSU gone bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Had to replace a mobo that was popping ram. Cleaned the rig, Took it apart, put it all back together, went to bleed the water cooling, nothing. Tried to start the pump by jumping 4 and 6 on the mobo plug and was getting nothing. Checked it with a volt meter and its giving me 3.02 volts. Also checked 2 and 4 and it will jump from 8V down to 3.02 or so as soon as I flip on the power.

What do you think is going on? Its a OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS

Ideas please and thanks

I have had problems with OCZ PSU's in the past my self (weak 5V and 12V rails) and if that has happened to you here its no suprise that some things (even fans) wont even turn on... Time to RMA or go with a different manufacture like Corsair. I would not continue trying to run on that PSU, it could fry something and is likely the reason your RAM was cooked.

On a funny side note... I have an OCZ SSD and in the OCZ forums they pretty much require you to have all of your system hardware listed before they will addresss your thread. Well, they blanked out the 'Corsair' name brand from my profile every where it was listed, like a curse word.... LOL

Back