• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Releases FX Comic, Mocking Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Certainly a bold marketing move by AMD, this comic comes off as clever, though somewhat contrived... But overall I must admit it brought a smile to my face, as its funny to see the overt posturing between the 2 processor behemoths.

Here's an excerpt from the comic, but check out the entire comic for yourself. Spoiler Alert: Ruby gets in on the action too!
Operation Scorpius: The Legend of FX

amd_fx_comic_pg_04.jpg

... Return to article to continue reading.

Certainly a bold marketing move by AMD, this comic comes off as clever, though somewhat contrived... But overall I must admit it brought a smile to my face, as its funny to see the overt posturing between the 2 processor behemoths.

Here's an excerpt from the comic, but check out the entire comic for yourself. Spoiler Alert: Ruby gets in on the action too!
Operation Scorpius: The Legend of FX

amd_fx_comic_pg_04.jpg

... Return to article to continue reading.

I hope it is that good. I can get 3 i7 cpu's cheap to replace my i5 processors before I buy a BD:) Intel look for a price drop or you may drop some profits and FanBoys.

Disclaimer: I really don't care who is better as long as it is affordable. I do wan't better than what we have where calculations are concerned.

Last edited:
Pedantic time: one of the first few pages says "At the end of the Sixth Decade in the Second Millennium..." So it's taking place around 1057-1060 A.D.? It's either that or a different calendar.

Other than that, it's silly and fun.

Pedantic time: one of the first few pages says "At the end of the Sixth Decade in the Second Millennium..." So it's taking place around 1057-1060 A.D.? It's either that or a different calendar.

Other than that, it's silly and fun.

2069-2070 A.D.

Does it matter? Long, Long Ago or Far, Far, Away or In The Not So Distant Future; who cares? It is a stoty.

2069-2070 A.D.

Actually; that would be the 3rd millennium...
0 - 999 => 1st
1000 -1999 => 2nd
2000 - Today => 3rd

:D

Does it matter? Long, Long Ago or Far, Far, Away or In The Not So Distant Future; who cares? It is a stoty.

And as Archer said... Who cares what millennium the story takes place in... All I care about is the actual release date for BD.

As for the comic itself, it was a fun ten minute read.... The illustration is much better than the actual writing; I like the style.

Actually; that would be the 3rd millennium...
0 - 999 => 1st
1000 -1999 => 2nd
2000 - Today => 3rd

:D
In comic years(I read comics so I know this)

0 - 999 => 0th
1000 -1999 => 1st
2000 - 2999 => 2nd

And as Archer said... Who cares what millennium the story takes place in... All I care about is the actual release date for BD.

As for the comic itself, it was a fun ten minute read.... The illustration is much better than the actual writing; I like the style.

Release date is July/August and Availability August and beyond

Last edited:
In comic years(I read comics so I know this)
0 - 999 => 0th
1000 -1999 => 1st
2000 - 2999 => 2nd

Whoa whoa whoa, only programmers can start counting at zero like that. :) The rest of us get to start at 1. That's why this is the 21st century and not the 20th.

Does this detail really matter for the story? Not really, but it's nice when somebody gets something like this right. What's truly important is if this "core of master ninjas" has a theme song.

Meh, I'm waiting for 2013 before I upgrade again.... Their next gen APU's look extremely promising. Bulldozer is just an interim product, even if it is the first ground up redesign of their x86 chips.

They really would have been better off not realising those comics. They were funny at the time though.

Actually, the comics were perfect. Freaking hilarious. But, AMD is not out of the game yet. Release the beast!

Back