• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your name on this list?? Explain yourself!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco_Stu

Edited: On hold while I decide if this is a good idea or not. See posts below.

Last edited:
It might be better to post this in general chat or something of that nature. I doubt people who don't fold anymore would come in the folding section. Just a thought :)

I am folding for For_Those_We_Lost.

398- Geeks_Online 3095 - That was me, but now I am for FTWl.

Had this been like a week earlier i would have been on there...... But not anymore, ive jumped like 30 places so far...

I agree with Jetmech on this one. In fact, the way the thread is titled is a little too authoritative. People may have their own private reasons for this that they do not wish to share or have to "explain themselves". Now I will try to explain some possible reasoning without stepping on any toes.

********PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE COMMENT TOWARD SUB-TEAMS OR BORGERS**********

First of all, I commend the borgers for their awesome ability to collect folding rigs like baseball cards. I also commend the sub-teams for bringing in folders that would not normally be folding. Now on to my theory. I believe some of the people listed are folding for other teams. The primary reason most of us fold is because we believe it is a worthy cause. But, we still enjoy seeing our names move up the ranks. With the recent increase in sub-teams and borging, we are moving down the charts. We don't want to be on a subteam (I'm already folding for a team yet I still can maintain a portion of my individuality) and we don't have the opportunity to borge rigs. We fold only on the computers we build. Thus we no longer get the pleasure of seeing our names move up the charts. We don't want to quit folding so we seek out another team where we can again enjoy the pleasure of watching our increase in the ranks. We are still dedicated to the folding cause, but we just don't enjoy moving down. Personally, I have moved from the top 100 to dangling around the 120 area. I have considered finding another team, but when I look around, I haven't found a home that fits quite as well as this one. I've accepted a new attitude toward this myself. My goals are now points and not position. If I ever get the opportunity to borge, I'll jump on it and then maybe I'll move up. Until then slow and steady like the tortouise.

I'm guessing Oafdog_DFA now folds for TeamDFA...?

I think it's worthwhile contacting as many as possible, for what it's worth. If they don't want to tell us why they stopped, then fair enough, but those that do will give us valuable info about why we're losing members. As long as we're polite and not pushy I would imagine most would be OK with it.

I'm folding for and a folding Moderator for what used to be Team Icrontic and is now Team Short-Media, since Icrontic's server got hacked and totally fubarred and the site owner decided to sell the Icrontic domains.:rolleyes: I went there primarily because they have a program started that gets unused pc parts together to make team folding rigs and I'm very active in that project too. My personal farm folds around 3000-4000 points/week and doesn't include any company machines, only personal machines built and paid for by me.

I'm supposed to have 2-k6 rigs of my brother's folding under my name for team 32 but I see that they haven't turned in any work lately; I'll have to swing by his house and see what is up with those 2 rigs.:confused:

BTW, it doesn't bother me to be asked about why I'm not folding, but maybe some folks get upset over that.;)

Hey muddocktor, nice idea (and get round there NOW and get your brothers rigs back producing for us! ;) ) - how about letting us know how you're managing this swapshop and how well it works? Would be a great help! :)

As soon as I can afford another rig, I'll add another 2GHz drop in the bucket to team 32.

I don't think it's all that personal why some one quits folding, but if they don't want to say why, that's their right.

Sorry, should have looked at the entire list before posting. Besides OC-overkill and OCn00b, Oafdog_DFA and ProgrammerDan_GTS are also folding for TeamDFA.

Wow, I wasnt tryin to be demanding at all. The title of the thread was intended lightly, not in a condemning tone at all. I guess that came off harsher than I intended. Im really sorry if I offended anyone. If someone on this list tells me that they no longer participate in our efforts for private reasons, then I would certianly respect that, and there would be no reason to relay those reasons to the general public. I'll make sure to ask permission before posting any responses.

Im just trying to help. :(

If a lot of people think this is a bad idea, I wont do it.

Last edited:
You never placed Geeks_Online as subteam...I posted above that Geeks_Online = me and I am folding for FTWl.

mdcomp said:
You never placed Geeks_Online as subteam...I posted above that Geeks_Online = me and I am folding for FTWl.

Well, it seems that most of this is placeing people in subteams anyway. Im not aware of all of the subteams, and who folds for which one, obviously.

Back