• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1300 vs HD4850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hrobakca

Im considering upgrading from a Visiontek Radeon x1300 xge to a hd4850.....will it run games any better than i am now?? currently getting around 25-30 fps on black ops with the x1300

Yes, even though the 4850 is kind of old by tech standards, it's still a very decent card.

And compared to the x1300 it's no question you will see a major improvement. (According to Tom's Hardware graphic card charts, the 4850 gives about 6.5x the performance of the x1300, so I think you'll notice!) Only with the release of Skyrim and BF3 am I now thinking of upgrading my 4850.

I've been able to play most games at good graphic levels up until now. Admittedly I have not played all of the newest titles. I'm not real familiar with the graphic demands of Dead Island but my brother has been playing it at 1680x1050 and has had no complaints of graphics. I played black ops on my 1080p display without any issue. I don't know what FPS I was getting but I'm extremely sensitive to low FPS (they hurt my eyes) and I didn't have any problems playing the game.

how much are you looking to spend and how much is that 4850 going to cost you? It is a vastly superior card to the x1300 but it may be a bit expensive for what you get relative to other options.

Also what psu do you have in that system?

Actually i got a little package deal yesterday. For 100 i got a Asrock ALIVENF4G-DVI MOBO, EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT430 1GB Video card and a AMD AThlon 64 X2 5400+ not sure if i overpaid or not but looks like black ops is running pretty good now. Will see what happens once i figure out how to Overclock and see how fast i can get the chip to run

Chris

Back