• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case for P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

I am soon building a whole new computer..... It will be a high preformance home computer. So a Mini or mid tower should be good. I am planing on getting a ATX P4 2.2ghz board. What power supply wattage should i use and what case do u recommend?

i'm no intel freak, but i would believe something with a nice wattage of 350+ is good. i personally have an overkill psu, a whole 600W. anyway, depending on what you want to put into ur computer decides how big a psu to get. if you plan on having most of your pci cards filled and more than 2 cd drives and more than 2 hdd's i would think 400+ would be perfect.

antec makes a highly reccommended 430W whisper quiet from what i've heard. i might be wrong on the wattage on the antec tho.

yea, i will have 2 CD drives, Geforece4 Ti4400 video card, sound blaster card, a couple more pci slots filled, and alot of Fans. So i am looking for 400+

i have the lian li PC7..its cheap as well, if you don't need the removable motherboard tray. As for the power supply, i have the 430 W whisper enermax dual fan, its really quiet. Try bestbyte.net, thats were i got it...70+ i think...

I would agree w/ the Lian Li PC 7 case, its a beauty. I would look into Sparkle, Antec and Heroichi for PSU.
I have had a problem w/ Enermax's 3.33 voltage being low. It needs to be in spec to properly power the AGP slot for GF3 and 4 cards.

Back