• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati card BSOD/Red lines on screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Corporato

Hello everyone,
My video card is having some really tough issues. The card itself is Ati Radeon HD4600 (Old, I know) The problems are as follows:

BSOD:
Just today I was playing a game when all of a sudden I heard a wierd noise and the screen went black. I did a restart and I couldn't boot into Windows because of a BSOD. Details i remember were:
0x0000116
atikmpag.sys

Though, I managed to boot into Safe Mode.
1. I uninstalled ATI drivers. After that I succesfully managed to boot into Windows.
2. After that I uninstalled ATI Catalyst applications and I was able to boot into Windows without problems.
After installing ATI Catalyst applications again, I experienced the BSOD again. I left the program uninstalled.

After managing to use Windows succesfully, I experienced more problems.
1. I couldn't change the resolution to higher. I'm currently using a lower one.
Upon changing the resolution, I get the message:
Out of range
90.0kHz/60Hz
2. Also, the screen has light red lines across the monitor.

That's about the problems. Now I'm curious about is there anything left to do? Or is this card done and I'm gonna have to obtain a new one?

Wishing the best, Corporato.

Try using a driver sweeper/cleaner program to clean all bits of the drivers away and reinstall the drivers and see if that does the trick.

If nothings changed with the VGA card, also take the time and diagnose the cable to the monitor and or the monitor it'self before making an assessment the video card has issues.

just saying :shrug:

Have you cleaned the dust out of the card lately? A 46xx is old enough that there could be rather of a lot in there.
Were it uncleaned since new and in my house/case (even filtered) it would have at least 0.25" of dust on the heatsink and be overheating badly.

I did clean the video card. Not gonna diagnose it further, ordered a new card already.

Back