• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ctrl always gets stuck on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrcolj

What's going on when the Ctrl always gets stuck on? My last two computers were laptops, so I don't know if it's a laptop issue. I'm just surfing around, and then all of a sudden I try to type something and magically the Ctrl has turned on, and can't be turned off. You can't flip to other programs, etc, because Ctrl is on. Normally I can hit a bunch of keys and eventually it goes away...

I've talked to a bunch of people who have the same problem on their computers...

Anyone?

I have never heard of this problem. Sounds like maybe you need to clean the keyboard out?

No, it's not a stuck key at all. And again, it happened on my last PC too (this one's new at Christmas.)

The only accessibility option I keep turned on is having it beep when Caps-Lock or Num-Lock is turned on, and having the windows flash when it wants to make a sound and the sound is off.... But Sticky Keys is turned off. I wonder, if this is the problem, if there's a set of accessibility features that turn on as part of the accessibility package, even when you have all the accessibility features turned off?

I had this problem with a keyboard before. I just purchased another one never could figure out what the prolem was.

Back