• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus 1005HA with Windows 7 Starter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marshmallow64

I was wondering if anyone has this netbook, I just bought the newest version with win 7 starter installed on it.

So far I did a lot of research, watched/read reviews and finally landed on this one in black.

Just wondering if anyone had any problems with theres.

I don't have it but I doubt there would be major issues. Windows 7 is more refined version of vista something that vista should have been. Very close in feel of windows xp.

^ well I don't know about all that..

I've got the 1008HA, no problems with Win7 Pro at all. Multitasking takes a big hit in performance, but hey, look at the proc.

Mine came with Starter. Did not have so much options or nothing.. bare-bone stock basic..couldn't even change your own background had to use the Asus System setting to do that... I should have bought the one with XP home... But I upgraded it to Windows 7 Home.. Had an un-used upgrade key laying around.

I found some youtube thing and found an upgrade to win 7 home premium for free. I disabled the aero still to preserve battery life. So far so good.

I disabled/uninstalled some of the pre-loaded usless apps and other services..And so as the user account control and disabled Aero took out a 2gb stick out of my dead toshiba and so far this is the 2nd best Asus I have ever owned. My first one, the Asus A7T that I bought for $1000 from newegg back in 2006 and still kicking it today.. no problems since than..been through a tough time but shes never let me down! Asus = Rock Solid :)

Back