• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

470 SLI PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You might be stretching it with SLI 470's. SLI GTX 460's or 560's could definitely handle it but 470's suck up a lot of juice. It should be enough as each card takes 220w so overclocking might be out of the question. I'd suggest for you to sell your GTX 470 for a 560 and SLI that as you'll have better performance and it will run cooler, quieter and use less power. But if that's the best route for the money than you should be able to do it with that PSU. You also have to take in account how many fans and lights you have in your case for the total wattage. I think it's enough but you'll be pushing the PSU pretty hard.

750TX will run a 470 SLI setup...with overclocks...with little problem. I reviewed my 470 when I got it and under FURMARK with an overclock 750c/1500s/dont recall mem, I BARELY broke 400W at the wall on an 80% efficient PSU. Remember Furmark is an unrealistic load. While gaming, I hit ~390W at the wall PEAK with CPU at 4Ghz and card overclocked.

EDIT: And let me add that review was with 3 140mm fans, and 3 120mm fans as well as a water pump and fan controller. ;)

EDIT2 (other reviews): http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...999-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470-sli-review-17.html
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3836/msis-geforce-n470gtx-gtx-470-sli/3

Last edited:
Earthdog is right. The 750TX will do just fine, its a top notch PSU. If it were a mediocre one, I would not recommend it.

You're breaching the near-600W-at-full-load point with two GTX 470s,and presumably a pretty nice and overclocked rig powering it. A 750TX will work. With all of your hardware at full-bore (in worst-case, testing scenarios), you'd only be loading the 750TX to about 80% of its capacity, which it'd be extremely comfortable with.

Back