• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you like the Rank system used in BF2?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do you like the Rank system used in BF2?

• I strongly dislike the concept

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I like the concept but not the implementation

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • I love the concept

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Poll requested by 9mmCensor

Do you like the Rank system used in BF2? Do you find that it use useful? Do you like the fact that rank opens up content? And finally would you like to see similar systems used in other games?"

Thanks alot.

Personally I dont like it at all. Nor do I like the implementation of it. I think it does not benifit occasional players, nor is it friendly to new players. As well the implementation seems to be buggy, and was not properly thought out before introducing it. And I for one will be leary of games that have similar systems.

I think in MP it is unfair. In a single player campaing however, I think this would be perfect.

basiclly, i like the idea of a rank, too keep people playing. the whole issue of ranked and unranked servers is just stupid, they should have put rank so single player as 9mm said. in multiplayer rank seems to be a judgemental tool, when you see a private come on you automaticlly think noob, but i am positive that that noob will probaly pwn you soem day.

I liked plain old BF Tracks. See where your standing is rank is fine. But Rank that contributes to what content (weapons) you have access to you is annoying.

I don't like it. I think they should keep stats but let everyone use whatever gun they want. Besides most of the high ranking people just exploited a lot.

I like the player stats, but I don't think they should determine who gets the commander slot and which weapons are available. Most of the high ranking players took advantage of the system to get there. I only play occasionally, but I have over 4000 kills and only 700 deaths. Shouldn't that count for something? Especially compared to someone with 4000 kills and 4000 deaths?

I like it, I just dont like how they made it so easy to rank up. 20,000 points gets you 5 out of 6 unlocks.

kill to death ratio means nothing by itself, how many flags did you capture for instance?

That one stat should outweigh all others.

Anyone can tank or plane***** and get high kd ratios..

theELVISCERATOR said:
kill to death ratio means nothing by itself, how many flags did you capture for instance?

That one stat should outweigh all others.

Anyone can tank or plane***** and get high kd ratios..

You're right, and I've had my share of flag captures believe me. I don't just play for the kills, I play for the win. All I'm saying is, I wish the rank system took those things into consideration more than the others.

I like it, but am not sure about it. I haven't played very much and just got promoted to Private FC, but I do like the idea behind ranking, showing who is a more experienced player. It doesn't necessarily mean they are better, but I would trust their strats a bit more over a person who is a private with only 100 points (or what have you).

Bah, you move up to fast. I was less then half way to lance corporal, play 3 rounds, don't do to well and i move up...stupid.

9mmCensor said:
I liked plain old BF Tracks. See where your standing is rank is fine. But Rank that contributes to what content (weapons) you have access to you is annoying.

A good player doesnt complain, they just kill the opponent with the better weapon and then take thine weapon. Then again I have all the weapons and if you think your taking my weapon, then your good
ninja.gif

PS, anyone that wants to try to take my weapon, come and get me, my username is OCGSSS, and I'm going to play right now, so come and get me.

beatdeadhorse.gif

with the patch. in 1 wake island round in 3 kills i gained 2 ranks.(while before the patch the freaking progress bar didn't even move for weeks) that alone proves to me that it's just buggy bs. I wanted to actually "work" for my ranks.. and it would have been nice if they actually meant something. but.. guess not

Silversinksam said:
A good player doesnt complain, they just kill the opponent with the better weapon and then take thine weapon. Then again I have all the weapons and if you think your taking my weapon, then your good
ninja.gif

PS, anyone that wants to try to take my weapon, come and get me, my username is OCGSSS, and I'm going to play right now, so come and get me.

beatdeadhorse.gif

i have never seen you on at all but i know you have heard of Contra

the rank system is useless, ranks mean absolutely nothing. they should've just made all guns auto-unlockable since they're all supposed to be balanced. they shouldn't have turned bf2 into a game made for pubbers :\

i think the unlock system would have been better as a "BF2 store" where you could buy upgrades, i.e. increase specific attributes of weapons such as accuracy, rate of fire, clip size

subtotal said:
i think the unlock system would have been better as a "BF2 store" where you could buy upgrades, i.e. increase specific attributes of weapons such as accuracy, rate of fire, clip size

that would have been cool... I think the ranking system is ok. It gives you a reason to play (like you will feel like you have "beaten" the game once you get all the weapon unlocks). They made it easy to upgrade now so I don't really have that many problems with it.

I think the concept is great, but the implementation is where they've gone wrong. At first i was too difficult to gain rank (and with rank, unlocks). Now it seems that it's a little too easy to move up. Maybe they can find a balance.

I was reading a thread somewhere about how disgusted people were with the new ranking system because now every "noob" is a Sergeant or some such. The thing about the previous ranking system is that it was WAY too hard to move up.

I was at 12,000 and I had only unlocked 2 new guns. My next unlock was not until 25,000. At my rate of play (weekend warrior here) I probably would not have ever made it to the next rank. So I would have been stuck with 2 unlocks out of the 6, maybe 3.

IMO, the new guns make the game more fun. On the new system, I have 5 of the 6 unlocks. And while I would agree that it's become a little to easy to receive the new ranks, I couldn't be happier to have my new guns.

Sorry to all the guys that spent 500 billion hours getting to 150,000 points. But I paid the same 50 dollars you did for the game. Just because I don't have large amounts of time to devote to the game doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to enjoy it in its entirety.

The suggestion about using the points to buy upgrades rather than getting ranks was a good one. I also heard someone say that they should have different systems. A system for the guns and a system for the ranks. Perhaps your stats for a particular gun (accuracy/time used/kills) could have been used to determine your eligibility for that class's upgrade?

Back