• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far cry 2 installed.....keep getting a black box on my screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hovie

Registered
I just bought Far Cry 2 and installed it. When I am running the game everything runs smoothly but I keep having this black box flashing up on the screen. It looks to be like its in the back ground. It flashes every couple of seconds. I managed to take a screen shot when it flashed up real quick. It is at the top left of the photo. It flashes in different ares around the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks Eric

Attachments

• far cry 2.bmp
    174.5 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:
Probably something running behind your game (dynamic background)? Try shutting down everything before running your game.

I have the latest patch and drivers for my video card.

You know I get random black squares like that in my browser (FF), and it only happens in O/C. It's like the browser suddenly locks up, but the mouse still moves. I have to close FF and reopen it.

Have no clue what's causing it. Swapped drivers, updated evrything.

Does this only happen in the FC2?

I closed out the widgets running on my desktop. I will see what that does.

Last edited:
Widgets and the active pop ups running from your taskbar are what effects your game

For us Firefox users downloading and while waiting you play a single player game you'll see the "download completed" box pop up inside the game fluttering the screen.

Turned off my Yahoo Widgets and that did the trick :)

Back