• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Knoppix, how do I move files to a different drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
..and I was going to setup a php upload for you..(least until I read you got it squared away.) :D Glad you got it figured out.

Most of the 'nix LiveCds are great!! I keep one of the KDE flavor and one for Gnome. Since they are both good at different things. Knoppix, is probally a bit better for recovery though.

Knoppix is my recovery tool of choice. A while back, my mobo fried. I got a new one, and XP (being the pain in the tail it is) didn't want to start up without being reinstalled. So I threw in a live CD, moved everything to another drive (Which, just like in this case, getting the drive writable was a journey all it's own) It tells you how to do it clear as day in the instructions that come with the live CD (I don't remember where, and I don't really feel like looking).

Back