• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MacOS10.3.1 can't connect to Wserver 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

so im sitting here on this ibook running 10.3.1 and I cannot get it to connect to a windows server 2003 running active directory. I try smb://ip and it see's it but the windows machine just won't accent the user and password. I've plugged the domain server's address into the TCP/IP settings on the mac...got the domain name in there. There's got to be a way to get to a share that I'm authorized for without messing with the DNS plugin in OSX....help please...I know it's Windows being difficult, always is.

Are you just trying to access a shared drive?

If that is what you're doing, I did it by creating a connection in Finder based on the network/domain name and the host machine's ip address and the shared drive/folder ie: it's listed in finder by clicking on the network/domain name folder then the ip address folder then the sharename folder.

yeah well I'm going through connect to server....or [command]K...I am having no problems connecting to XP machines that have shares on the Domain...I just can't connect to shares on the actual Domain server...it denies the user/password

can you not connect to shares this way where the pewrmissions are coming out of active directory?

Last edited:
Back