• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do we have any ASIC miners amongst us ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BFL...delivered to your door in a year from now, when they're done mining with it. Yeah, no thank you :p

I've had part of a kncminer saturn, which made me the whopping sum of 2 btc's before we decided to sell the unit since it was more profitable than keeping it and mine.

they promise jan shipping, if so, then it would be a hella deal, the new 28nm chips sure are much better than the old 65nm stuff

i also happen to like how it looks :D

oh well, i dont have this money anyway, but sure looks sweet for the price

the promise jan shipping... for the first 10 people who bought the pre-order 6 months ago most likely.

then you have to wait for your "batch", which is probably sitting in their server room making them asstons of money.

the promise jan shipping... for the first 10 people who bought the pre-order 6 months ago most likely.

then you have to wait for your "batch", which is probably sitting in their server room making them asstons of money.

i think they are not built yet at all, but thats my thinking
oh well looks good and if the thing was in stock, then this could have been cool

I have no plans whatsoever to get into ASIC mining. If I do, it won't be for Scrypt. I personally reckon they're going to have a much harder time getting into Scrypt than they think they will, and we'll be spending most of 2014 with them not being much of a threat. If they're any threat at all.

The bigger threat I think is all the newbies buying up all the R9 280s and 290s right now.

Then again, I could be wrong. Which is why my own personal investment into this hobby is staying low ;)

We just make new algos and non scrypt coins or fork other coins and voila, there goes the scrypt asic :p

I seriously hope Scrypt ASIC's never show up to the party, I just got my 6850! I don't need a ASIC to drive up the diff making my new 6850 as useless as my 550 ti.... :cry:

I seriously hope Scrypt ASIC's never show up to the party, I just got my 6850! I don't need a ASIC to drive up the diff making my new 6850 as useless as my 550 ti.... :cry:

I just acquired a 6850 as well, which I am now mining Litecoin with :) Thinking about getting my FX-8320 going on it as well, but don't really want my room to be a sauna...

Scrypt mining requires a lot of memory and bandwidth, and from what I understand about current ASICs, it would be very cost prohibitive to put enough ram to achieve good performance/watt with scrypt ASIC.

yeah, that too... price difference for similar hash rate won't be too huge and you'd be limited to scrypt only, which means no different algorithm alts and no chance of reselling in case mining goes down the drain.
I'll stay with GPU, than you. heck! I'd get a ton of 780s or Titans before getting asics. you can turn those into a render farm or compute cluster for cuda stuff and rent it :p *

*Titan gets to 770kh/s and 780 between 550 and 700 depending on the oc and cooling.

I just acquired a 6850 as well, which I am now mining Litecoin with :) Thinking about getting my FX-8320 going on it as well, but don't really want my room to be a sauna...

Nice! 6850 FTW :cheers:

Did you OC your card yet? What hashrate is it pulling?
Mine's pulling 268 Kh/s @ 947 core 1140 mem @ 1.18 volts. :)

If only it would scrypt, instead of just btc.

What do you mean? There are some scrypt asic thingies coming, supposedly.
And cudaminer does scrypt! I've seen classified 780s at 1300 core pulling 622kh/s. I want two now :D

Nice! 6850 FTW :cheers:

Did you OC your card yet? What hashrate is it pulling?
Mine's pulling 268 Kh/s @ 947 core 1140 mem @ 1.18 volts. :)

Congrats, that's pretty good.

What do you mean? There are some scrypt asic thingies coming, supposedly.
And cudaminer does scrypt! I've seen classified 780s at 1300 core pulling 622kh/s. I want two now :D

Congrats, that's pretty good.

Thanks Ivan!
I bumped my core up to 960 and the voltage up to 1.2 volts, but I only saw an increase of 2 Kh/s :rofl:

I think I finally got it tuned properly now :)

Back