• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD cooling? These any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have the $ sure why not. On the other hand. To cool 3 of mine which are spaced about 1/4 an inch apart iv justed used a 80mm case fan and it does wonderings for the price compared to paying $20 for those.

the top link will probably be the best, although kind of expensive.
If you have any left over heatsinks, like socket 370 or socket 7 heatsinks, those work well too, just get some thermal paste and put'em on the top along with a case fan.

I myself have the 'Ultimate HDD Cooler' as described in the Top Link. Its very effective at removing and dissipating any heat, my 7200rpm ATA 133 Drive is never warm to the touch, its stays cool all year around.

A word of caution though, when inserting the Front Fascia or adjusting its position make sure the Power is off, I have had to purchase a second unit because the fans have a nasty tendency to catch the Fascia and lose their blades.

Take Care,
M_N

creepy said:
If you have the $ sure why not. On the other hand. To cool 3 of mine which are spaced about 1/4 an inch apart iv justed used a 80mm case fan and it does wonderings for the price compared to paying $20 for those.

hmm i ordered a new case, the "Ahanix Platinum XP ", but i bought another fan so I will have a extra 80mm to use, i think ill give that a try for now. thx for the comments

Back