• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awesome new CPU stress utility needs feedback!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think that it would work for single core also, because you are supposed to open an instance per core..

My screenshot was with only one instance running, so I'd say you only need to run one instance

If I ever get around to redoing my system, I will hopefully give this prog a shot. Unfortunately, there are bad mounts and whatnot with my water cooling and my temps already are too high... just don't have hours to kill to redo it all. :(

Hope to hear some good news soon, though. :)

Hey guys, thanks for checking it out. I'm still working on it and I want to get an official version which does all the nice stuff eventually. Having spare time to make this program is hard to come by.

Here is the scoop, CoreDamage should automatically detect the number of cores (the old version of Toast did not). I don't have a Quad core yet so its untested; you can check this by loading up the task manager and all 4 processors should be pegged at 100% with just one instance running.

Each processor has its own burn program, and right now it only supports Core 2 Duo/Quad. I'm still working on a CPU auto-detection feature so the original burn program (the old Toast program) will also work on AMD processors.

If there is enough enthusiasm I will allocate more of my personal time to work on it. Features I would like to see personally:

Built-in temp. monitor.
Overclocking database.
Error checking/Accuracy.

Hey guys, thanks for checking it out. I'm still working on it and I want to get an official version which does all the nice stuff eventually. Having spare time to make this program is hard to come by.

Here is the scoop, CoreDamage should automatically detect the number of cores (the old version of Toast did not). I don't have a Quad core yet so its untested; you can check this by loading up the task manager and all 4 processors should be pegged at 100% with just one instance running.

Each processor has its own burn program, and right now it only supports Core 2 Duo/Quad. I'm still working on a CPU auto-detection feature so the original burn program (the old Toast program) will also work on AMD processors.

If there is enough enthusiasm I will allocate more of my personal time to work on it. Features I would like to see personally:

Built-in temp. monitor.
Overclocking database.
Error checking/Accuracy.

Your program instantly loads all 4 cores on my q6600.

I did bleed my water cooling system the other day, had a little air in the lines, and it dropped my load temps on your program to around 45C, but I will say as soon as I run the program, it DOES load all 4 cores

This program gets my E6600 up to 56C and 54C on cores 0 and 1 respectively.
For comparison, orthos gets both cores to 52C.
This is @ 3GHz and .025 under stock voltage, with an xp-90C for cooling.

this is lookin good!! :D

i'll have to eat my words and agree. Anytime I do anything with my cooling system or replace a proc it's one of the first things I run to compare to previous temps. :beer:

i'll have to eat my words and agree. Anytime I do anything with my cooling system or replace a proc it's one of the first things I run to compare to previous temps. :beer:

rock on!!

i can't wait to try this... as i've said in a previous post my damn setup is acting funky and i have to redo it (watercooling)... it's going to be a major pain in the butt b/c it'll take me at least 3 hours to remount everything, maybe more. i've got a full EK waterblock on my 8800gtx and i have to remount my CPU dTek Fuzion block with a new bracket. =(

after some testing it seems this program crashes when a erroor happens. would not run all night :/

Back