• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Barracuda 310 Web Filter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coreyoliseffect

I am hoping that there is someone around that is familiar with Barracuda products. Hopefully someone intimate specifically with the 310 Web Filter. I updated the firmware on the filter and now some issues have arisen. I am getting an error message about a certificate now. the issue is that the filter is pushing an internal address out and is returning the wrong IP, thus throwing the certificate error. I have added the address to the exception list in both the filter and IE. Still this only provides some luck.
The other issue that seems to be tagging along is that on this site there is a Java script based print processor that needs to run so that documents can be printed, because the site certificate is not being handled correctly the Java script will not run.
Anyone have any ideas? I'll give as many details as I can, still only a fledgling IT though. :(

Can you not call up support with this? When you get through to a tech they will ask you to log in to your appliance and select a button which causes the device to tunnel back to them (Barracuda). They can then access it remotely and resolve any issues.
Out of interest why did you upgrade?

Can you not call up support with this? When you get through to a tech they will ask you to log in to your appliance and select a button which causes the device to tunnel back to them (Barracuda). They can then access it remotely and resolve any issues.
Out of interest why did you upgrade?

I think some male ego might be in the way. Truth is there is a third party IT company that we work with and they couldn't figure it out either.

We were having some issues with it hanging so decided to investigate. Turns out the firmware was three (3) versions behind. I hadn't worried about it since I just started actually working there about three months ago. Once the firmware got updated this issue arose. Though the program that we are having issues with isn't that great either. WINTOX if anyone is familiar. We use it to submit requests for drug screens and such.

The reason that I post things like this here is that I find that the people here are... more knowledgeable about multiple solutions that many tech support persons. From my experience with tech support chances are that they are reading a script and may or may not actually not know what they are talking about. I did some tech support for a certain satellite TV provider. ;) Though I might just end up having to resort to that.

Sorry if I came across badly - I didn't mean to. I have limited experience with the Barracuda web filters. I dislike them (if I'm honest! :)).
However, I believe to maintain the updates for the web-threats and to obtain software you need a support contract with Barracuda. You should use this support contract to have this issue resolved. I know with some manufacturers you cannot just upgrade code to the latest version. The reason being that sometimes there are databases (for example) that are progressively updated with each software release. Barracuda would have provided this info if this was the case, and it may not be, but food for thought.
This could also simply be a software bug. There are two ways to tackle it - regress the upgrade or contact Barracuda :/

Sorry if I came across badly - I didn't mean to. I have limited experience with the Barracuda web filters. I dislike them (if I'm honest! :)).
However, I believe to maintain the updates for the web-threats and to obtain software you need a support contract with Barracuda. You should use this support contract to have this issue resolved. I know with some manufacturers you cannot just upgrade code to the latest version. The reason being that sometimes there are databases (for example) that are progressively updated with each software release. Barracuda would have provided this info if this was the case, and it may not be, but food for thought.
This could also simply be a software bug. There are two ways to tackle it - regress the upgrade or contact Barracuda :/

I didn't take it as disconcerting. I learned a long time ago that text is deceiving. :cool: Although I did like Brian's response.

Anywho, I'll have to call them I guess. :cry: Thanks!

Theyre generally quite a friendly bunch. Although if you have a Riverbed Steelhead then a tech support call to them is a must at least once. Their immense wealth of knowledge is astonishing :D

Quite right about their tech support. Seems to be a small bunch. I could hear some people talking in the background but it was quiet enough. Got the initial issue resolved now I just need a Java applet white listed. Guess all is well that ends well. :cool:

Cool! :) I think they're regional depending on your timezone depends on who you speak to.

I just wanted to close this thread out. I got a hold of Barracuda and they got it worked out. I think they did something on the backend. Not really to sure what to be honest. The point is that it works!

Back