• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX R9 280X . No display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

temprahater

I bought a sapphire r9 280x toxic cheap from Ebay as faulty and managed to get it working so thought I would try my luck again and got an even cheaper XFX r9 280x DD .

However I think my luck has run out as I cannot get this thing to display at all . I have flashed the bios on it to the newest version , disabled onboard graphics ,changed mobo bios to PEG but nothing . The fans spin so there is power and it is detected by win7 and GPUZ .

The only thing I haven't tried yet is changing my bios setup from uefi to legacy .

Anyone got any thoughts or is it back onto Ebay for it as spares

Also is there a dual bios switch on this card . I,ve looked all over and cant see one which would be unusual for a 280x

System is - Gigabyte Z77 D3H , windows 7 pro, i5 3570K , 16gb corsair ddr3 vengeance , corsair tx950 psu

I'm assuming you've tried different connections? i.e. DVI instead of HDMI?

I,ve heard of the oven trick before but haven't thought of trying it . Card only cost me £20.00 so might be worth a shot

And yes I have tried all the connections apart from the mini dp

I,ve heard of the oven trick before but haven't thought of trying it . Card only cost me £20.00 so might be worth a shot

And yes I have tried all the connections apart from the mini dp

Does the card work in the second slot as a Crossfire GPU?

Back