• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our Visiting Racers - Welcome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to add to the list of visitors the following recruits:

Billy.
joei987
sohclubkid

They are joining us from clubcivic.com :D

Last edited:
Congrats. Just want to say this year's scoring blows, and I won't waste my time and resources for this comp any more in the future. Enjoy.

Congrats. Just want to say this year's scoring blows, and I won't waste my time and resources for this comp any more in the future. Enjoy.

Thank you!

It is a new system of scoring. Our problem is putting together a race among teams of VERY unequal sizes (and thus folding strength).

What did you see that you didn't like about the scoring, and how would you change it?

Because we're listening, and it's a work in progress, I assure you.

BTW, we did not propose this scoring system. This one came from EVGA, and everyone approved it.

Thank you!

It is a new system of scoring. Our problem is putting together a race among teams of VERY unequal sizes (and thus folding strength).

What did you see that you didn't like about the scoring, and how would you change it?

Because we're listening, and it's a work in progress, I assure you.

BTW, we did not propose this scoring system. This one came from EVGA, and everyone approved it.

Yeah I know everyone approved the scoring. Off the top of my head, I would say maybe several different scoring catagories, with points going to team with highest points, highest number of WU's, highest avg score per WU etc., with a sliding point scale.

That approach was mentioned, but because of the VERY slow early planning that had been done, there was inadequate time to prepare and test, and get approved, that kind of a system.

I'd be interested in seeing a prototype of that type of scoring -- maybe put our two most recent years' CC stats through it, (as far as possible), and see how it works?

One of our big problem has been that the CC captains are a committee, but they have no committee chairman -- no race director -- so every little detail is belabored to death, and may involve even team polls having to be conducted, etc.

Decisions that should take hours, drag out to weeks or even a month. The metaphor of "herding cats", comes to my mind. :D

THAT is a big problem!

Yeah well its been painful for a lot of us in past years as well. Look at it this way though....Its like banging your head against the wall:bang head...sure it hurts...but man does it feel good when you stop!!:D

I really only have a vendetta against Maxpc and they are not even in the race...Its a shame cause I would have bought a new 4P system just to whip on them!! The rest of the teams seem like great big fuzzy chimps...you just want to hug them.:grouphug:(Then steal their banana's):p

Last edited:
i would like to let everyone here at OCF know how much i have enjoyed the chimp challenge . great team work and a wealth of knowledge abound. i know where i can find the help to learn ubuntu now. thanks to Hokie for the invite and Adak you have done a superb job rallying the troops. it's possible i might have found a team to fold for since it's not been actively followed at TRP much anymore. my 5 machines will continue to run till tomorrow and then i will also switch 3 of them over to [H] to help out. my 2700k is going to be redone for water as i so want to overclock it. it is my first intel cpu and i got it the same day this started so its been folding the whole time. thanks for the fun all! wtf

Thanks equinox.

Been great having you race with us. We'd be honored to have you join us. Frankly, I feel like you're a part of the team, already.

I will be helping out the TRP team, in the near future, however.

Back