• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti@Home Computation error on AMD FX-8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We can't see the voltages in that pci you put up and would like to. Can you attach the pics right to the post instead of links too please.
Is your board a revision 2?

No my board is a revision 1 M5A99X-EVO i bought it a year ago.:thup:

I use puush as an image thing can i attach those to the board? or

Attachments

• HWmonitor + All CPUz.png
    HWmonitor + All CPUz.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
Win 8 has a snipping tool that you'll find in the accessories. Just go to the start page and type snipping tool. I have mine pinned to the task bar now. The problem with screen shots is they're too small to read.
Did you disable the cool n quiet in the bios. I ask cause now I know it's rev 1 it may truly be issues with Win8.
I would disable all the power control features in the bios, that may be the source of things going haywire. The rev2 boards were meant for Win8.

Win 8 has a snipping tool that you'll find in the accessories. Just go to the start page and type snipping tool. I have mine pinned to the task bar now. The problem with screen shots is they're too small to read.
Did you disable the cool n quiet in the bios. I ask cause now I know it's rev 1 it may truly be issues with Win8.
I would disable all the power control features in the bios, that may be the source of things going haywire. The rev2 boards were meant for Win8.

Yes I just did. First time starting the pc back up it locked up and i guess it was because turbo core was still on. and still went haywire. now I have both turbo core and cool and quiet disabled and temps are at least stable. today is not a good day to reseat my heatsink i will do that first thing in the morning. Even if I am pretty sure that is not the issue i will do it tommorow just to make sure.:thup:

Edit I like puush more then snipping tools. Puush has a snipping function too. u guys should check it out on http://puush.me/

it might not be the main cause but those temps are not helping. my 8350 starts getting unstable around 68c or so. run p95 and report temps after about 20 minutes if you can

I certainly can. Will do right now :) Will edit in the picture from openhardwaremonitor after 20 mins :):thup:

Just keep an eye on the temps if you hit 60° on the package or 70° on the socket you should shut down P95.

After 7 mins of p95 I hit that ceiling already.

I am getting scared when running at those temps so I shut it off as said xD

Attachments

• 2Lvlg.png
    2Lvlg.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 100
what vcore is cpuz showing at load?

its showing 1.260Volts

btw I still have the stock cooler with the TIM applied to it in the box never used the thing. Cant find any other TIM at the moment. Since I jsut moved a few days ago and a lot is still in boxes xD

Would mounting the stock cooler be a problem? I dont want to overclock the thing anyway I know sacrilege right xD not overclocking on a overclockers forum xD

Is that the free version of HWMonitor? If not DL and install it. It should be showing your Vcore and I don't see it there. And yes that's quite hot if it's accurate.
I would also take the CPU LLC off of auto. Set it to medium/regular. That might help the high temps as well.

Is that the free version of HWMonitor? If not DL and install it. It should be showing your Vcore and I don't see it there. And yes that's quite hot if it's accurate.
I would also take the CPU LLC off of auto. Set it to medium/regular. That might help the high temps as well.

Its a program based on hardware monitor. read more about it here. http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
Anyway so i should set LLC to medium or regular will do. Should I just mount the standard heatsinkfan that came with the FX8350 since I dont have any TIM available at this time? Its still in the tin in the box. Never opened the sucker xD

The stock cooler should keep it within reason at stock speeds. Right now I'd really like to see the voltage under load and see what the h**l is going on. Try the llc like I suggested and we may need to set the voltage manually as well. Was Win * a recent addition as well?
I'm gonna be out for a bit but will be back in an hour or so.

The stock cooler should keep it within reason at stock speeds. Right now I'd really like to see the voltage under load and see what the h**l is going on. Try the llc like I suggested and we may need to set the voltage manually as well. Was Win * a recent addition as well?
I'm gonna be out for a bit but will be back in an hour or so.

Just set the CPU LLC to medium, should I set the CPU/NB LLC to medium too?

I guess we could go over voltages together. Would love that:thup:

I am also Able to livestream the Prime and stuff if that would be helpful so you can actually see for yourself what the crap is happening :attn:

I asked for HWMonitor free because I want to see these readings.

F@H TEMP.PNG

Most of us in this forum who help are familiar with this
Yes set the CPU_NB to medium. One more thing if you have ASUS AI Suite installed, remove it.

I asked for HWMonitor free because I want to see these readings.

View attachment 127245

Most of us in this forum who help are familiar with this
Yes set the CPU_NB to medium. One more thing if you have ASUS AI Suite installed, remove it.

Dont have AI suite installed no version for windows 8 for this board xD. I can do that too yes. Here it comes.

Attachments

• 2LzGB.png
    2LzGB.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 259
Ok the volts are quite low so you do have a cooling problem! Did you find your paste? You can try removing the side door and see if that makes a difference. But I think you do need to reseat your cooler. Either that or the fan on it's not working. Or the cooler is broke!
The reason I say that is there's only a 2 degree difference between the cpu(socke) temp and the core temp(package) the heat is not being pulled away!

Last edited:
Ok the volts are quite low so you do have a cooling problem! Did you find your paste? You can try removing the side door and see if that makes a difference. But I think you do need to reseat your cooler. Either that or the fan on it's not working. Or the cooler is broke!

Im betting that the V8 is dying. It's a old cooler after all. Bought it the day it first came out.:attn: Could not find my paste. So installing the stock heatsink tommorow morning.(We have a massive time difference xD) and then order a 120mm CLC i guess to replace the V8:thup:

Going to plug this just for the Lulz. Currently Livestreaming League of Legends on
in 1080p quality. Thats why I got this chip for in the first place and it's been doing that really well :)

I have crappy internet here so livestream is not gonna work so well. Ya your V8 has probably had the gas leak out cause something is definately wrong with it. I don't know what the CLC is but do get yourself a Top of the line air cooler for this chip. Doesn't mean it has to be the most expensive!! If you're just gonna run stock or even a mild OC the Cooler master you see in my sig is a good cooler and about $30 here. But ya try the stock cooler for now and see if it helps. Till then keep HWMonitor open while you're gaming the cores were hitting 69 and that's too hot for any length of time. But if it stays under 60 while you're playing you'll be fine.

I have crappy internet here so livestream is not gonna work so well. Ya your V8 has probably had the gas leak out cause something is definately wrong with it. I don't know what the CLC is but do get yourself a Top of the line air cooler for this chip. Doesn't mean it has to be the most expensive!! If you're just gonna run stock or even a mild OC the Cooler master you see in my sig is a good cooler and about $30 here. But ya try the stock cooler for now and see if it helps. Till then keep HWMonitor open while you're gaming the cores were hitting 69 and that's too hot for any length of time. But if it stays under 60 while you're playing you'll be fine.

CLC= Closed Liquid Cooler, I had my eye on a coolermaster Seidon 120mm

Back