• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugh, more problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

So, my other VGA decided to go.

I went out and bought two GTX 760's and an enclosed cooler for the CPU.

I put all that stuff on, never touched the memory.

Now I get a red dram LED (sometimes flashing, sometimes not) on this mobo if I slot into 1 or 2.

posts fine with 1 stick in 4, or with 1 stick in 3 and 4.

all 4 sticks post, I tried them all separately once I noticed 4 would post.

Did my board just decided to spontaneously burn those 2 slots as I was replacing other parts? I can't imagine that my luck is that bad.

Could anything changing with me swapping the video cards cause this problem? like a bios conflict?

I'm just really tired of replacing components only to have something else break, hoping for a fix, single channel sucks.

Install all 4 modules, and then reset CMOS using the onboard jumper (CLRTC). Boot to the BIOS and load optimized defaults. Hit F10 to save and exit, then again enter the BIOS to re-enter your previous settings.

followed your instructions exactly, no post situation in slots 1-2.

in any configuration. Boots up and posts perfectly with ram only in 3-4. :(

I updated the bios to 2104, no change.

Try the same again, but this time manually adjust the timings and voltage to 11-11-11-27 and 1.50v (all sub-timings on Auto). If it still doesn't POST w/ all 4 modules inserted, change the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1866.

Try the same again, but this time manually adjust the timings and voltage to 11-11-11-27 and 1.50v (all sub-timings on Auto). If it still doesn't POST w/ all 4 modules inserted, change the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1866.

So I did all of the above and noticed something curious.

the ram is defaulting to 1333 speed instead of 2133.

it won't post even at 2 sticks in 3 and 4 at 2133 or 1866.

Could this be a result of the bios flash?

My understanding was that 2104 was the gold standard atm.

spoke with asus, I'm going to california for 2 weeks in september, I might just deal with it until then and RMA the board at that time (assuming I can't fix it)

Last edited:
I'd probably try bumping the VTT/VCCIO voltage (memory controller voltage) first, and possibly the VCCSA voltage (system agent voltage).

No, that would still need to be either changed manually or by enabling XMP Profile #1 (DDR3-2133). What that would do though is increase the likelihood that all 4 modules would run at their rated frequency and timings.

Back