Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Asus UEFI Splash Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 07:39 AM Thread Starter   #1
jazon1

Asus UEFI Splash Screen

Any one here familiar with the Asus Uefi and how to make the splash screen display for a shorter amount of time?
When i start my pc it stay's on the splash screen for a good 10 seconds before the boot starts.
i tried to disable the splash screen in the bios and it still makes me wait the 10 seconds just with no display so that was useless.
its not a huge deal but it takes longer for the splash screen then it does for the system to load windows once it hits bios.
any help would be great thanks.

Psu----Corsair AX1200
Mobo---ASUS Sabertooth X79
Ram----32 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Sound--Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty
Hdd----Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD + 8TB External
Bluray-LG 3D 12x W/MDISC
Video--Evga GTX 680 SC Signature
Monitor-Samsung 46"3D LED-UN46C8000XF
OS-----Windows 7 x64 Ult
jazon1 is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 06-13-12, 07:44 AM   #2
Janus67
Benching Team Leader
Grabbed Senior

There is a setting for post screen time on some bioses. I have mine set to have the splash turned off and display post for 2 seconds
Janus67 is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-13-12, 11:06 AM   #3
seth6984

I believe that motherboard has several SATA controllers. Upon POST the system checks each controller, and this takes time. For instance my P8Z68-V Pro takes about 25sec to start loading Windows, since it has to check 3 controllers.

If it makes you feel any better my servers at work (HP DL380 G7) take ~5min to POST while they check every module, air temp, controller status etc....this is painful when you're trying to restart a production server remotely and you're in the dark for what seems like hours hoping it comes back online
seth6984 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-13-12, 12:25 PM   #4
realmadrid12

I have a Asus Crosshair, It has two controllers on it. And I literally just turned off the second controller since I only have 4 Hdds. It boots alot quicker, there should be an option to disable the extra controllers if your not using them

Main Rig: Intel 4770k - Asus Formula VI - GSkill Sniper 1866 16gb - Corsair AX850 - EVGA 780ti SC - Custom WC loop

Spare Rig: AMD 1090T at 4.1ghz - Asus Crosshair V - GSkill 1600 8gb - Corsair AX850 - Asus 6950 (Crossfire) - Custom WC loop
realmadrid12 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-13-12, 03:27 PM Thread Starter   #5
jazon1

yea i think its all my HDD's i have on this system think im going to just get a large 8 drive external bay to get them all out of my system.i did read you can set something to "keep current" for boot up its supposed to store the current set up so it dont have to check each time it boots ill have to try to give that a try.right now i just have my post time set to 1 sec and i turned back on splash screen as it didnt help speed up anything and now at least i dont have to look at a blank screen lol.i thought i read some wear that these bios had a setting called "quik boot" or something like that,if its in here i dont see it anywhere my lga1366 booted much faster.

Psu----Corsair AX1200
Mobo---ASUS Sabertooth X79
Ram----32 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Sound--Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty
Hdd----Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD + 8TB External
Bluray-LG 3D 12x W/MDISC
Video--Evga GTX 680 SC Signature
Monitor-Samsung 46"3D LED-UN46C8000XF
OS-----Windows 7 x64 Ult
jazon1 is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards