• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How cool is your 1.0A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acts837

Registered
When I mean cool I don't me "Happy Days." My 1.0A has settled down at 43C idle and 49C full load w/Prime95. I am running @ 133FSB with Retail HSF and ASII. I am on a mission to find out who has a quiet/cool solution for the Tualatin Celerons. I am leaning towards an AX-7 with a Panaflo L1A. Anybody else running this setup? If so how much did it help over retail hsf? Or will the Panaflo run hotter than the stock setup? Can't afford to go watercooled either.

Your temps are High, but not as bad as you might think. The ST6 mobo uses the on die thermal diode to register cpu temps this is different than most other tualy boards. Most other boards use an on board theristor or temperature diode. The temps form the on die thermal diode will be on average 7-10c higher. I found this out after buying an st6/1.2 combo and could not figure out why my temps seemed so high compared to my Vh6t/1.1a combo. I have swapped cpu's and hsf's between the two and the st6 always reads about 10c higher for me.
I would recommend the swiftech mcxc370 hsf it is pretty quiet and does an excellent job for me. I also modded a vantec 6035c with a 60mm to 80mm fan adapter with a sunnon 46cfm 80mm fan that is really quiet too, but thats not the best combo if you are buying a new hsf. Stay away from anything with a delta 38 unless you like a lot of fan noise.

Doesn't the Swiftech mcx370 use a 60mm fan? I know the AX-7 uses a 80mm fan. For quiet solutions wouldn't I want to stay with a larger fan.

acts837 said:
Doesn't the Swiftech mcx370 use a 60mm fan? I know the AX-7 uses a 80mm fan. For quiet solutions wouldn't I want to stay with a larger fan.

Yes it does use a 60mm fan but it is not as loud as a delta 38. THe 80mm fan would likely be quieter though. I may mod my switech to an 80mm in the future. the problem with modding them to an 80mm is that they are usualy taller and can create other airflow problems. Plus the 80mm fan has different airflow/pressure charaterisics. Its all kind of a try and see situation. I have no first hand experience with the ax-7 but I here it is good.

I just installed an AX-7 with a YS Tech variable speed 80mm fan on my 1.1A and VH6T motherboard. My temps only dropped about 1-2C versus the retail HS&F, but I think it is because my fan is only putting out about 40-42 CFM. I may try putting a 50 CFM fan on and see if I can get another 1-2C drop.

edit: my sig is wrong. I have backed down to 1.47 (133 FSB) and 1.725 Vc due to the summer heat. Temps are 35-37C, folding 24/7.

The best and the quitest!!!

:) the best and the quitest is one Alpha pal with a papst blower...My Pentium 3 1000,runs at 1222 Mhz with 163 bus and 1,9Vcore with Alpha pal and a papst blower at 39*C and full load 47*C(28*C room temp)

Back