• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

20 dollar radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabid Snail

Where is a place that I can get the cheap radiators that everyone speaks of? The 1986 chevy chevvette heater core. I can olny find it for over $100.

Where are you looking? Auto parts stores such as NAPA and Auto Zone sell them for like 18 bucks, D-Tek, DangerDen, and Be-Cooling sells them for 30 bucks, :)

WOW!! The most I ever paid for one was $30.00 and still feel like I got ripped. Like Penguin said go to Napa or Auto-zone.

are you sure you're asking for the Chevette HEATERCORE? if you're asking for tye radiator, then yeah, thats going to be expensive. you just want the heatercore...

napa, advance auto parts, pep boys, auto-zone... where in NY you live?

Long Island. I did some internet searches. I guess I'm an idiot and searched for the wrong thing.

It would actually be easier to order online, so if someone could gimmie a link or something that would help.

I thought heatercores and radiators were the same thing, just one was for more heavy cooling, or cars or something like that....Oh well.

You can find a multitude of cores here, but even here the chevette is $44.00. Your probably better off buying one from D-tek as the modding is already done for you. Click me

Don't buy from heatercorefu, they are only good for looking at the size of the radiator or something, they are WAY overpriced

If you have an O'Reilly Auto Parts locally the part# you want is 39-9069 price is $21.99. Advance Auto lists the same part for $25.99. These are both made by Go/Dan the FEDCO ones seem to be a bit more pricey.

peace.
unloaded

autozone.com has them for like 16.99 after shipping its almost exactly 25 bucks I beleve.

Which one should I get, the diesle one, or the regular? Sorry, but I'm paranoid that I might order the wrong thing and have to pay even more for another radiator, and wait another few days for shipping.

And the barb size on the radiator, isn't it something weird like one of them is a 3/8 and the other a 1/2?

looks like your looking at the rong thing, I didnt know they made chevettes that run diesel :p

86chevette heatercore with A/C is the one I beleve

Edit: Argg. Apparently god hates me. Umm, anyway.

GDI HEATER CORE for a 1986 CHEVROLET CHEVETTE
right?

At AutoZone that’s the online price, but once you pay the inflated shipping price your better off buying locally. I need to find a distributor that will sale wholesale as I need to buy 20 Chevy Chevette heater cores.

Back