• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC 3DMark 2005 Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
R9500np -> R9700pro @ 390/303

2014 pre-patch
2012 post-patch

I think I'm going to mess with ATITool's memory timings to see if I can increase my mem OC any more...
JigPu

JigPu said:
R9500np -> R9700pro @ 390/303

2014 pre-patch
2012 post-patch

I think I'm going to mess with ATITool's memory timings to see if I can increase my mem OC any more...
JigPu

That's startling - what driver are you running Jigpu ?

wild_andy_c said:
That's startling - what driver are you running Jigpu ?
W1zzard's softmodded catalyst 4.7. Lately there's been absolutely no performance increases for the R300 core cards, so I haven't bothered updating versions to the latest. Once the official drivers with A.I. come out I may try them, but for now these work great.

JigPu

Hmmm... Sparked by that question I decided to update drivers and see what kind of an impact they would have. Looking through the ORB, I saw the Omegas were scoring a few hundred points higher than the official Cats (which the W1zzard drivers are except for the softmod), so I decided to try them out.

W1zzard 4.7 - 2012
Omega 4.10b - 2193 (wow!! almost 200 extra points!)

Delving further turned up a few more supprises. First, '05 seems to be a lot more tolerant of memory speed than other programs. My games will die at over 303, but 3DMark ran flawlessly at 315 (and possibly higher, but I haven't tested). Stranger still, even with all the new pixel shaders and other things thrown in to torture the graphics card, it appears that my poor CPU is still a bottleneck :D Check the numbers...

Omegas 390/303, CPU Stock (11.5x133) - 2193
Omegas 390/306, CPU Stock (11.5x133) - 2194 (1 extra point for 3MHz mem...)
Omegas 390/306, CPU OCed (11.5x143) - 2223 (or 30 extra for 10MHz on my FSB)

I think I need to upgrade my CPU/Mobo :p
JigPu

Cowboy X said:
That is supposed to be in the works . I'll pm the member who was doing it .

Well as you guys can see there is a new sticky for all 3DMark 2005 results which are part of our 3Mark team's effort. This thread will remain for the 'unofficial' results or resultswith beta or non-futuremark approved drivers etc .

Back