• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OCF Podcast Episode 1: "Back on a Mac"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice work m8
EDIT: I've been listening a while and love it because I don't have to read the tech news :p
Really liked the interview with LutaWicasa :p

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I heard him say Sept 15th for the next one at the end of this one.

You are correct. Every episode will have a teaser at the bottom of the show notes for the next episode. Our next episode will feature an interview with the creator of the program audacity, Dominic Mazoni.

Regular episodes will air every other Saturday, but look out for occasional bonus episodes in-between:eek:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jordan Drake

expect lots of hard core technical discussions coming to your iPod. I have been working with a lot of sticky authors to get some basic how-to's on the podcast, and later on we can feature even more in depth discussion.

There we go :) Now we're talkin!

Last edited:
I loved the first OFFICIAL episode! Amazing work Jordan! The best part is that this will bring our community closer! I'll group my comments into small paragraphs that correspond to the parts of the episode.

Intro/intro music is great! Nice intro to everyone, especially to people who are not familiar w/ OCF. Very clean sounding recording and speech.

I had no idea Pinky was part of such a cool band! That's so cool haha. Glad to see that you plugged an OCF member. Good music too! Pinky was a great interview.

I like the Tech News bit, that's always a nice refresher for people like me that have been out of the loop.

Luta's review! I had no idea what his name mean't til now! Oh god we used to have drop down forums! I hated those haha. I also learned alot about OCF's history, which I think is nice, especially for people who might not know (me) and newer people.

BURNING QUILL PEN? Hahaha! I'm really surprised you didn't know it was a lightning bolt. Oh well!

I will also note that the editing was very good, and felt seamless to my untrained ear. The only wierd thing I noticed was during Luca's interview when you exclaimed "Really?!". It just sounded odd for some reason.

Overall you did a great job Jordan....really clean, entertaining, and just plain rockin'!

will these always be up for download?

or is there a limited amount of time we have to be able to access them?

As long as iNet pays their hosting bill... these episodes will stay up for as long as the podcast is running!

As others have said, long live the burning quill pen! Good stuff! Glad to get OCF in another format, and congratulations, you are the first pod-cast I've listened to....EVER! And thanks for the iPod subscription, a very cool deal.

Can't wait for the in-depth stuff!

you are the first pod-cast I've listened to....EVER! And thanks for the iPod subscription, a very cool deal.

Glad I could introduce you to this wonderful form of media!

Be sure to check out some other good podcasts... I recommend anything with TWiT or Leo Laporte involved.

Jordan Drake

w00t w00t!!!

I've been hoping the podcasts would return one day :) Great to see you're back in buisness, and I look forward to your future productions!

Interesting interviews -- I liked the one with Luta especially since it both brought back memories from waaaay back when :D Man, its amazing how fast internet time flies compared to the real world!

JigPu

Alright folks,

You've all gotten a chance to listen to the podcast... and give your opinion on our thread.

I highly value you opinions. However. More valuable to me is your ideas.

So. I am starting an ideas thread under the OCForums Podcast section, where I want you the listeners to provide me with your ideas for how the podcast can be improved.

Keep in mind, I've had this podcast concept in my cranium for 2 years now... so there are lots of your ideas that I'm sure I am already working on. However... one never knows what a loyal audience can think up. And this is a COMMUNITY podcast... so I want your input.

Head over to the ideas thread... and let em fly!

Thanks,

Jordan Drake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back