• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

both my computers got slower, now I know why!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violineb

I thought I was imagining things when my notebook became slower than it used to be. What was even stranger is that I couldn't seem to regain the harddrive space to get to 20% free space. The strangest thing is that the desktop also seems to have slowed down.

I was looking to defrag and saw a box that was checked that I ALWAYS disable when I prepare windows XP for installation using Nlite or that I disable manually after installation.

BOTH Indexing and SYSTEM RESTORE were re-enabled!

I'm wondering how this happened considering I never would have done this. Could it have been an OS update?

My guess is yes. I have seen Windows change back to standard settings on it's own without any operator input and it's either something inherent in Windows or an update. Just send a thank you note to Bill Gates. :bday:

Cheers!:beer:

R7

Back