• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks! I was wondering how big that opening was in the clear "grill" part. I am trying to reduce my fan count or use as big of fans as possible.

That side fan dropped my hot MSI chipset temps by over 10C. Hovers around 60C now. When I first installed it on first bootup the bios reported it at upper 80's C. Then I changed the thermal compound and it dropped to around 70C-73C without that fan.

Steve

That side fan dropped my hot MSI chipset temps by over 10C. Hovers around 60C now. When I first installed it on first bootup the bios reported it at upper 80's C. Then I changed the thermal compound and it dropped to around 70C-73C without that fan.

Steve
Ahh! My chipset is watercooled. I'm composing an article that will have a better shot of it.

I moved the 120mm from the back, relocated it to my upper rad pulling air out and added a second 120mm. Load on 8 cores before was approaching 60C with Prime95 running on all cores. Now it's just a smidge less at 59C. Still very quet though. Nothing like the ThermalTake tornado. :D

Ahh! My chipset is watercooled. I'm composing an article that will have a better shot of it.

I moved the 120mm from the back, relocated it to my upper rad pulling air out and added a second 120mm. Load on 8 cores before was approaching 60C with Prime95 running on all cores. Now it's just a smidge less at 59C. Still very quet though. Nothing like the ThermalTake tornado. :D

I'm hoping to do a full water cooling setup in this case very soon. I want to keep this 930 running at at least 4.2GHz throughout the summer. So far it's been stable but who knows once temps rise another 30F.

Steve

Not bad at all gcwebbyuk.

looksl ike my next purchase :)

A wise purchase it will be. It has made it through two other case reviews, one of which that's a full tower to publish Monday. There was at least one thing (if not more) that made me keep the water cooled system in this one. Superb case, I couldn't be happier with it. :thup:

Am about to buy a 120.2 rad to go in the bottom bay to add to the reserator as it doesn't quite fulfil my cooling needs - nearly but not quite :)

I don't see why not. Haven't tried one, but it's a 120mm fan hole. You can only go so wrong there. :)

Back