• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connect a PSP screen to a computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Furaxu

Hey, I've got a old broken PSP with a perfectly fine screen. I don't know why, but I got the sudden desire to connect it to something else than my PSP. I first thought maybe I could connect it to a Rasberry pi, but maybe my computer would be easier, I don't know. Anyway, if anyone's got a idea how to connect it to a computer or can direct me to a website that could get me started I would be really thankful.
sku_3217_1.jpg

It would be possible, but probably not in your realm of what your wishing for..

This link will start you in a direction that you will probably not want to take.

Obviously it is possible, but I will quote BusError from the page I linked,

The screen has no controller (no onboard memory etc), you need to drive it digitally and 'feed' it 24 bits pixels on a rather strict clock (9-10Mhz).

So you need 'something' that has 24 digital pins out+control lines, 2 power supplies, possibly some circuitry to modulate the LED backlight (mosfet) and a CPU that can drive all of these at that frequency, and implement the dot clock, hsync and vsync signal timing.

It's not in the 'lets hack a VGA cable' spectrum :)

Back