• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't uninstall Messenger 9.0 =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hello, funny enough after hundreds of threads, this is the first one i am desperate for help. so any suggestions or ideas are welcomes :)

i downloaded Windows Live Messenger 9.0 from softpedia.com, intsalled it, i can't sign in. i've tried all my accounts, but still can't sign in.
i google up my situation, and i re-registered the Msxml3.dll file. restarted computer but still can't sign in.

so then after all this BS i want to get rid of it, but its' not in the Control Panel add/remove programs.

i intsall Messenger 8.5 and it doens't let me, giving me a message of "you are using a newer version of Windows Live Messenger. please uninstall that in add/remove programs first" BUT IT'S NOT THERE!

i'm so depressed atm. cos i can't sign in =[

thanks a lot :thup:

yeah tried that as well.
it gives me the message : "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

:shrug:
only things i can think of to do now is system restore or format. but i would like to avoid those 2 choices at all cost :)

i found another code that worked:

msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}

redduc900, do you know what the different codes mean?

anyone else who has tried Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta and can't sign in, use this code to uninstall it :thup:

maybe try to use the installer again and see if you can do a "remove or Modify" the program. Sometimes when you run the installer again and the program is on the computer it will do that.

if not then maybe you can just get the program back in the addremove programs

i found another code that worked:

msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}

redduc900, do you know what the different codes mean?

anyone else who has tried Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta and can't sign in, use this code to uninstall it :thup:
This uninstaller (msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}) is for the latest English version of the 9.0 Beta (Wave 3), and the one I posted is for an earlier version of the Beta.

Installing/uninstalling Windows Live 2009 (Wave 3) applications
http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!1271.entry

ppe1700, what does the code have to do with my Windows time? it's set to my time zone which is GMT +10 (cos i'm in Victoria). but i have clocks for New York and Beijing.

the code i posted worked for me.
ticktock123, nothing like that comes up. when i double click on it, it scans and says 'newer version is installed' and doens't let your continue.
and it was only the 9.0 Beta that screwed me over. i'm using the full version now and i can sign in :)

uses that dodgy Windows Live installer though. haven't got the actual file.

ppe1700, what does the code have to do with my Windows time? it's set to my time zone which is GMT +10 (cos i'm in Victoria). but i have clocks for New York and Beijing.

the code i posted worked for me.
ticktock123, nothing like that comes up. when i double click on it, it scans and says 'newer version is installed' and doens't let your continue.
and it was only the 9.0 Beta that screwed me over. i'm using the full version now and i can sign in :)

uses that dodgy Windows Live installer though. haven't got the actual file.

if the time is wrong on your machine then you will not be able to sign into messenger.

WHOA! i never knew that.
still can't understand why that'd be a reason though. just seems a bit random :santa:

looks like only the Beta screwed me over. the new WLM 9.0 full version is working fine for me. looks so much better/more refined as well. me likes :thup:

Back