• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weekend Project with pics. Tubes and new block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a request to update on the tube's situation on a weekly basis.
I will add a weekly pic on the Masterkleer tubes I used every weekend.

So far, on day 6, clear as day 1. (which is already infinite improvements from PrimoChill before)

The two things that are different from last time were:
1, Masterkleer instead of PrimoChill tubes.
2, Just Silver Coil instead of Coil + CuSO4.

by elimination:
Either Or/AND PrimoChill / CuS04, would have been the major cause of the 1 week clouding observed before. (observational conclusion after day 1) Pic will be posted soon.

This is exactly why, when doing experiments, you only change one variable. How are we suppose to know which variable corrected the cloudy tubes? Was it the tubes or the CuSO4?
What I think you should do is now add your CuSO4 after you believe the system is stable and see what happens and tell us the results.

-H

yeah. let me spare a pump and try that. :)

I didn't have the luxury to change just 1 variable there. so yes, there's potentially two culprits here.. and I cannot pinpoint it just yet.

I will get a spare with CuS04, and see how that happens. I will post when I have results. :)

week 1. Tube inspection.

Under normal light..
IMG_0956.JPG

seems clear as day 1.

Same taken under UV. no problems detected.

IMG_0958.JPG

recalling last time when the tube was PrimoChill with SilverCoil+CuSO4, I lost this clarity in DAY1, and by week1, it was already a white clouded tube.

That primochill tube looks like this today:

View attachment 110962

So for now I all know is. Masterkleer + Silver Coil = GOOD FOR 1 week.

I am still uncertainty what caused the PrimoChill tube to leach out so soon, it can be poor quality of the tube, or the fact it doesn't like CuS04.

next update in another week.

Last edited:
Week 2. Tube inspection.

still clear as day 1.
I think at this rate of change, unless something new introduced, the tube will still be near this condition after 1 month.

so I will skip week 3's inspection just not to spam the forum.
next inspection will be 2 weeks from now.

IMG_3808.JPG

week 6 inspection:
IMG_3885.JPG

side by side comparison of week 2:

IMG_3808.JPG

What I used is just distill + silver coil.
I did add water once in week 4, as I was doing loop work (changed GPUs) and needed to add water.

The photo shows minor clouding, but when view with real light, the clouding is less than minor. Probably due to the flash only. I kept my finger behind the tube, so you can see how transparent it really is.
comparing that to the Primochill I used previously, the MasterKleer is 'CLEARLY' superior as far as any deteriotation goes. This is now 1.5 months side I first installed, and at this rate of minor clouding, I can tell in 6months, probably still just minor clouding only.

There're no bio-growth either, showing that silver kill coil is in fact enough.

Thought this info will help thousands. :)

IMG_3873s.jpg

Last edited:
MasterKleer FTW over Primochill? Makes me chuckle since I pay $.49/foot for MK. After seeing how long my current batch of Primochill lasts, I will likely go back to MK clear. It works and it's cheap. Thanks for your efforts bluezero5. Nice photography too. :)

Back