• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mapped Drive Frustrations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jorlain

Hey guys,

Ran into some issues this morning after a server migration. For some odd reason my edited logon script works just fine except for one entry, in which it connects to the -old- mapped drive instead of the -new- one, even though it explicitly directs it to the new one in the script. I imagine it's connecting the old one first and then saying that the drive letter is already in use. This is happening to all users in that department. Basically everyone that uses that logon script.

Here's what I've tried thus far:

a) I've manually removed the mapping keys from the registry.
b) I've ran "net use /persistent:no" to make sure they're not to connect at logon.
c) I added "net use * /delete /y" to the script.

I'm at a loss. I cannot think of what to try next. Does anyone else happen to have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

(edit) This department happens to be the accounting department as well... As such they are the only ones that use particular programs, such as Microsoft Dynamics, et cetera. I fail to see why it would be the user drive that's being affected, of all things. All it is, is a secure folder that only they have access to, on a drive that is backed up nightly. I don't get it.

I am gussing you already fixed this, but i had an idea if you havn't. I would take the script and run it local and place stops <pause> in the parts where you think it isn't working. That way you can see 1) if it even CAN work and 2) if you are getting any errors if it doesn't. Hope it helps.

PS. We map our users drive within Win AD...so if you have only one main mapping you could try that.

Can you confirm that your *new* logon script is being used? What if for some reason your old script is being used therefore mapping the wrong drive? Are there any commands unique to your new script that you can confirm are working?

Back