• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tight fit on a P3V4X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GATTACA

Registered
Hello, I'm a newbie with a quick question.

I'm trying to cool the Northbridge chipset on my Asus P3V4X motherboard. I was going to install a 'blue orb' onto the chip, but I'm worried that once mounted, I won't have enough clearance to properly install my ALPHA heatsink.
Has anyone tried mounting a blue orb under a Slot1 AlPHA heatsink? Is it possible?

If it's the P3125, you probably won't It's one big heatsink. If you suck air through the fins, the chipset should be cooled as well

The cow is right, suck air through the 3125 and it will cool off the chipset just fine, expecially if you get the deltas on it.....And if I were to guess there is about 1 inch or so of clearence between the HS and the chip.

I believe [correct me if i'm wrong] that a Lasagna cooler may fit your MB. I think there only a little more then the borb but you will have to wait as you will probably have to mailorder it.

yo i have that setup i had to shave some off the finns on the heatsink for the chipset for everything to fit nice. the 3125 is designed to pull air thru the heatsink .ill take another look at it again to see if i can give you more details .....

Back