• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VP6 voltage adjustments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boffin

Registered
I have a VP6 running 2 PIII750's at 900 (120*7.5) but i can't go any higher. i keep seeing people with VP6's that have a voltage of 1.9 but my board will not allow me to go above 1.85. can someone please help me on how to do this as i want to try to get more speed out of my chips.

at 1.85 your monotoring software will read 1.9 most of us go by that as a reference. actualy i though the bios did go up to 1.9? you looked last so your probly right:)

You may be able to vidpin for more voltage details can be found at www.hardocp.com but remember to vidpin just above your default CV or it will not work, read the instructions carefully I had to try twice before i got it to work.

around 30 normal and go no higher than 40 when under full load, i think it is just one of my chips that is letting me down as i removed one and managed to post at 1Ghz. I have looked at the voltage mod for the Piii but my voltage is 1.65 and the next step up is 2.05v. I might buy some new chips soon like some 1Ghz and OC them instead.

Sorry but i dont think the upgrade to the 1G CPU is worth it most guys that have tried overclocking them on a duel setup usualy get them up to 1100 and thats it as the MB chipset usualy holds them back, so that would be quite the cost for 200MHZ.

I am lucky that i work for a computer company cos i can trade in me 750's soon and pay the difference for som 1Gigs or 850's if i can get them.

Back