• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Actualclocking" a Inspiron 5100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

Heres the deal, I got an Inspiron 5100 Laptop, which supposedly supports the 133 Mhz FSB.

I also got a 2.8Ghz P4 Mobile with 133 FSB. It matches the 2.4Ghz in every respect except multiplier.

The problem? The 2.8Ghz Chip(Yes, I confirmed, it is 2.8Ghz) only runs @ 1.6! This is silly! is there any way to restore it to default?

you might try looking for a pin mod guide for desktop pentium-4's in the cpu/intel thread area... i think it's a stickey or used to be anyways... you will find alot of info there on how to possibly force the processor to 133mhz. I think the guide does the opposite 133>100 but I can't remember... even if it is so, you might be able to figure out how to reverse the effect by slightly modifing the mod.

of course a pin mod is kindof extreme and there is probbably a better solution like a hidden bios setting. try updating your bios to see if that will help.

I'mma gonna run CPU Burn in, and see if that bumps it up then.

Thats what I thought it was Apu, but I was running lots of programs, iand it didn't pop up, plus it says 1.6Ghz in theBIOS, not just windows :(.

Back