• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Z alpha starts tonight or tomorrow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3 most basic rules in DayZ (Sure they apply here) ;)

1-Get away from the coast ASAP (spawn areas)
2-Don't trust anyone
3-Don't get attached to your gear, you WILL lose it via players, zombies, hackers or glitches

if you get that angry at the game you probably shouldn't be playing it. hitting alt+f4 just because some one is shooting at you is pretty cowardly considering you put yourself in the position to be shot at.

plus it is probably more frustrating for the people trying to kill you for your gear for you to just battle log... i mean they were probably hunting for a while before they finally found some one to shoot. its part of the game.

p.s. im not even a bandit, i hate bandits they are mean. but i know if i was about to shoot one of them i would be especially ticked if they just quit seeing as they would shoot me in the first place.

I'm not sure that any actions someone might commit while participating in an absurd interactive zombie fantasy can really merit labels like cowardly or brave.

As far as the frustration of others goes, I don't particularly care. While online gaming I generally try not to actively do too many things which might ruin the game for others, however I don't feel under any particular obligation to tailor my playing style to the expectations of others. I play multiplayer FPS games in little chunks as they are generally pretty boring (though as I have gotten older I have come to think this about most games regardless of genre); I actually 'rage quit' fairly infrequently, but I 'extreme boredom quit' often.

Wonder if they are going to reset all characters and ingame currency. I havent even registered on the forums lol.

3 most basic rules in DayZ (Sure they apply here) ;)

1-Get away from the coast ASAP (spawn areas)
2-Don't trust anyone
3-Don't get attached to your gear, you WILL lose it via players, zombies, hackers or glitches

Thats how I see it.

I've had some rough experiences in WarZ with people camping the safe zones when you go to fetch gear for a new character then following you and killing you. Looking forward to hosting my own server for friends. I tend to take this game as realisticly as possible and anyone that isn't a zombie is a friend of mine, I've met some really decent people like this. Shame it's 1/100 that are like that. None the less it's buggy but games only just moving into beta.

Its a rough world out there, when I am solo I play like that. However, when I was playing solo I played like that and met some bandits that let me join them and we didn't treat others that way. We wouldn't kill everyone on sight. New spawns we left alone becauuse they have nothing of benifit, but if they had guns, backpacks, armor, etc. we shot on sight cause chances are they will do the same.

Its a rough world out there, when I am solo I play like that. However, when I was playing solo I played like that and met some bandits that let me join them and we didn't treat others that way. We wouldn't kill everyone on sight. New spawns we left alone becauuse they have nothing of benifit, but if they had guns, backpacks, armor, etc. we shot on sight cause chances are they will do the same.

Last night me and tech were stalking a guy. If we just see a melee weapon no gun on there back then we generally just leave them alone. But even if you have no gun but a big giant backpack will follow you and kinda split up somewhat creep around and try to catch u walking into one of us unsuspectingly lol. Because if you have a big backpack chances are you have lots of yummy food at least.

btw feriot if you want to add me on steam rumbl3 is my handle on there also and you can search me by email snkrumble @ gmail.com

My buddy and I (sometimes radio is with us and another friend) play every night usually starting at about 9:30pm eastern sometimes 10 usually play for at least 2 hours. Always looking for more people to join us. We have mumble and granola!

Last edited:
I generally kill anyone I see. Unless I felt shooting a fresh spawn would give away my position to more threatening individuals.

I plan on playing tonight, fresh spawn after loosing everything the other night. Hopefully your on Rumbl3, those bandits that I met up with were kind of teenie bopper (ADD loud kind) only stayed with them to try and get geared up... Much rather play with a mature crowd.

I generally kill anyone I see. Unless I felt shooting a fresh spawn would give away my position to more threatening individuals.

Yeah last night I logged onto a server and a fresh spawn appear near me i was in a bush tho hiding while I waited for tech. I was debating on firing off a shot but instead i sat back and watched good thing i did she got picked off after running 30 feet toward the town i was by that is notorious for snipers to hang out around lol she got picked off of course but it allowed me to know where the sniper was.

I plan on playing tonight, fresh spawn after loosing everything the other night. Hopefully your on Rumbl3, those bandits that I met up with were kind of teenie bopper (ADD loud kind) only stayed with them to try and get geared up... Much rather play with a mature crowd.

Yeah we need a few more good men lol. Tech and I have done ok but we both agreed when we have 3 or more things go super smooth even if someone dies. Cause then we can do our usual set up of two go in one does the looting one kinda guards inside, the other (me usually) sits across the street creep around the building usually giving intel on the neighborhood and stuff.

I just want to start a clan up beta I can. Plan on making the M$ SF or something like that lol real world company in a post apoc. world fighting to stay on top. Microsoft Special forces or something. Anything remotely zombie like the RE series has a million clans already starting for it. So trying to be a bit creative.

I've had some rough experiences in WarZ with people camping the safe zones when you go to fetch gear for a new character then following you and killing you. Looking forward to hosting my own server for friends. I tend to take this game as realisticly as possible and anyone that isn't a zombie is a friend of mine, I've met some really decent people like this. Shame it's 1/100 that are like that. None the less it's buggy but games only just moving into beta.

Btw best safe zone to go to is the most northern one and we always circle around way outside of it to go into the woods then we walk for about 5 to 10 minutes and you can stay in the deep woods in cover right into the safezone get in and get out without anyone spotting you. It's the only way I go in. The safe zone east of the big city is a death trap only way I have ever chanced going there is on servers with under 10 people even then its tricky because your in a small valley of death with no cover basicly.

EDIT: somehow I thought I edited my old post and added this to it some i must of somehow made a new one lol sry for double post.

Just bought the game... But like an idiot; I picked the Survivor package (I figured I wouldn't need the other stuff while in Alpha stage) and now I have to wait until Oct 31 to play it... Good thing that's like two hours away. :D

No Seebs, i did the same thing. The price goes up on the 31st so i bought it yesterday and i can play in 5 minutes! :)

Hmmmm....

Game seems.... Iffy.

Spawned in twice and both times I was dead within 2 minutes from Sniper fire.

Lemme know when ya'll are playing and on what server / how to join... Wouldn't mind getting in the group.

Hmmmm....

Game seems.... Iffy.

Spawned in twice and both times I was dead within 2 minutes from Sniper fire.

Lemme know when ya'll are playing and on what server / how to join... Wouldn't mind getting in the group.

happens my buddy got sniped spawning a fresh toon in tonight. Snipers are probably goin nuts the ones who exploited the loot system wipe will be coming probably tomorrow.

if you want to add me on steam rumbl3 is my handle on there also and you can search me by email snkrumble @ gmail.com

or if some reason you do not have steam let me know. I got seebs on mumble and radio. So far we got a group of about 5 or 6 people looking to build up more will get you guns and stuff few of us know the maps wells and the ropes lol. Snipers so far are the biggest issue for me lately.

Anyway hit me get you on mumble and will bring some ownage. We generally play from 9:30pm 10ish eastern time for usually 2 hours a more a night so far lol.

Soloing this game is rough u have to move 10x slower and be in teh shadows all the time. In a group we just take over blocks lol.

Also... I have some guest passes if anybody wants them... 2 of them left right now... Maybe a 3rd.

Only rules... Must be an OCF Team member... Benching Team... Seti Team... Whatever.

Well... Tonight was intense to say the least.

Spawned in with my 1st toon.... Going solo... Made it all the way to the north end of the lake... Got to the little church and found some good loot, but having the small backpack limited me so I started organizing the stuff and dropped the flash light to make room for some antibiotics (I had found a hammer so no need for the flashlight)... Turns out hat dropping an item makes noise and a zed heard it and came into the church and did me in with two hits.

Second toon... Spawned at the South-East safezone... Started making my way north and somehow managed to get myself stuck in some rocks... Could not jump, climb or anything... I tried sprint+jump and my toon went about 100 feet up in the air and fell to his death.

Third toon... Spawned south-west of the SE safezone, made my way up to Smallville and found some good loot. Spent a good hour inside a house just waiting/eating/drinking and having more food/drink re-spawn... Chatting it up with Convicted as he did the same thing on the North side of the map. We had planned to meet up, but it got dark so we were waiting for morning to come. I got a bit impatient and decided to go check a church out across the street from the house I was hiding in... Managed to evade all the zeds and right as I'm about to go into the church; I see these female toon running towards me... I had no weapons.... She did me in with a hammer blow to the head and kept on going. Didn't even bother to check my corpse for loot. That's it for me being nice to other survivors... From now on I am on full on bandit mode. No use being nice to people if they're just gonna put a hammer to your skull.

Well... Tonight was intense to say the least.

Spawned in with my 1st toon.... Going solo... Made it all the way to the north end of the lake... Got to the little church and found some good loot, but having the small backpack limited me so I started organizing the stuff and dropped the flash light to make room for some antibiotics (I had found a hammer so no need for the flashlight)... Turns out hat dropping an item makes noise and a zed heard it and came into the church and did me in with two hits.

Second toon... Spawned at the South-East safezone... Started making my way north and somehow managed to get myself stuck in some rocks... Could not jump, climb or anything... I tried sprint+jump and my toon went about 100 feet up in the air and fell to his death.

Third toon... Spawned south-west of the SE safezone, made my way up to Smallville and found some good loot. Spent a good hour inside a house just waiting/eating/drinking and having more food/drink re-spawn... Chatting it up with Convicted as he did the same thing on the North side of the map. We had planned to meet up, but it got dark so we were waiting for morning to come. I got a bit impatient and decided to go check a church out across the street from the house I was hiding in... Managed to evade all the zeds and right as I'm about to go into the church; I see these female toon running towards me... I had no weapons.... She did me in with a hammer blow to the head and kept on going. Didn't even bother to check my corpse for loot. That's it for me being nice to other survivors... From now on I am on full on bandit mode. No use being nice to people if they're just gonna put a hammer to your skull.

Yeah i run like hell from people when im unarmed lol.

Will get things moving tonight if your around and will bring some death and destruction. Mountains of bloody granola lol hopefully...

As unarmed people go lol still laugh to this day when my buddies and I robbed a guy who had no weapon told him to drop everything. Tech and I ran after a guy firing and running out of town while a bud held the dude at gun point till we come running back. My buddy got a hammer to the back of the head we ran up killed the guy who killed him and the unarmed fellow that we were robbing was still stand there. He seemed weird when we found him because it was almost like he was bait. I had that feeling from the get go. He begged me not to kill him pulled out my hatchet and walked up to him he was prone begging for me not to kill him. I did what had to be done lol. Kinda messed up when you really think about it lol but I knew he was there to set people up for whoever that was hiding in the bushes to come from behind.

I know i've used this tactic plenty of times soloing. Ill find some really nice shiny item say large backpack etc. I'll go into a building and set the nice shiny in the hallway and then just wait in a room next to it and listen to foot steps. Someone will come along 5,10 min later and see this nice shiny from outside lol while your looting I'll take my hammer or bat to your head and enjoy your granola and move on. I always use bait tactics when i'm soloing and I tend to stay in the bushes most of the time out of sight and watch for people. Hell sometimes I will not even go into a town or at least the main parts of it till I see someone, cause my theory always is that even tho you have been there 10 min 20 minutes does not mean someone is not there always count on someone being there.

Even when I have a gun and I'm solo if i get fired at I always run like hell because a lot of times people are working in twos threes tops. My favorite are RV's which you find all over usually very narrow i'll run in lay down on the ground and prepare to unload. I had 3 guys chase me I had a pump shotgun first one ran right in after me POW dead. Next one jump in the door and started spraying like a nut case mid to high lol i was on the floor POW dead. Then I popped up cause i figured the 3rd will not be dumb enough to come in like the other two. I looked out the window and lit his face up like xmas lol spagetti anyone?

Yesterday night tech,csu,radio, and I got into a firefight 2 guys we had zombies pouring in plus firing on them lol. Tech took care of the zombies while we fired at one that ran infront of the building chased him out took aim and gunned them down. Then a sniper picked off tech and csu that was watching the firefight go down outside of the town. I just sat back and was trying to be patient waiting for our moment. crawled over to there loot to start grabbing and I could hear the foot steps of the sniper he came to get his goodies. So I had my chance now hes close range. I jumped up on the garbage dumpster few bullets to the back done. Radio flushed him out when he tried to circle around us around the Diner.

Things went bad then tho because others had heard the gun fire and we ended up with a train of zombies on us and in a crappy part of the city with really nowhere to hide lol.

Last edited:
It went real bad with those snipers last night, I have to say that I hate snipers lol. I love that they fixed the zombies, however there reach is just a little to long. The game is shaping up to be pretty good, can't wait to try more of the map out.

btw feriot if you want to add me on steam rumbl3 is my handle on there also and you can search me by email snkrumble @ gmail.com

My buddy and I (sometimes radio is with us and another friend) play every night usually starting at about 9:30pm eastern sometimes 10 usually play for at least 2 hours. Always looking for more people to join us. We have mumble and granola!

Im from the UK so I doubt you will ever get a chance to play but i'll keep that in mind cheers buddy :D

Back