• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Medal of Honor War Fighter.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a heads up if you own BF:premium you can get MoH for 50% off.

attachment.php

Check your origin associated email.

I didn't get one:mad:

I got to play it for a while last night so far I have only played SP I will be playing MP afterwards.

I am enjoying the story and the graphics and sound are great though I haven't decided if its just me but the sound while it is great I don't know if the guns sound as good as they did in the last one.

as for my complaints. FOV is awful and there are ways to change your standing FOV but if you start running it throws it way out of whack. There are a lot of moments where the game forces you to slow down where you can't sprint or do what you want but this is just minor really since the game is so story driven. So far this game hasn't been as intense as some of the amazing moments in the last MOH but we will see as I have only gotten about half way through the game. I have some complaints about the AI. at times the enemy won't even be looking at you but throw grenades in your face or go from shooting at your team to snapping right on you and shooting. Which brings me to friendly AI... worthless they do not have your back and maybe get 1 or 2 kills during fire fights so don't let them cover your back you will die.

I have had a lot of fun playing so far and the SP is definitely longer than the last one as well. I'll give my final opinion after I get through the whole game and into some MP.

Any updates about how the MP is? I nearly went for the 50% off deal but had a problem with the code and now the reviews are so poor I am having second thoughts. I am not interested in the SP but I want a decent alternative to BF3: Close Quarters.

I just started playing it. Actually, I have only managed to play about 15 minutes into it, so my opinion is not really formed yet. I will say that I am not as blown away by the experience as when BF3 came out in terms of graphics. I do have one question for anyone that is playing on the hardest difficulty: Does it take more than one bullet to take an enemy down when its a headshot? The first stage, I was aiming for the head, and with single shot it seems I need at least 2-3 bullets to take them down.

So, after playing a fair bit I am pretty mixed on this game. The single player is good and the visuals are excellent, but something about it lacks the polish and depth of BF3. So here is a quick review from me:

Single Player

The single player imo is definitely more "story" driven than others in it's genre, but honestly that is never what I come to these games for. It often tries to hit sappy points with its overly dramatic plot but it mostly falls short. However, for my tastes the SP is fantastic, excellent set pieces, great visuals, and varied gameplay. There is only soo much we can expect in the modern military genre and I think the SP nails it on all ends. The single player campaign is definitely one of the most well done in the modern military genre, I know that isn't saying much but if that is what you come to for in these games you will enjoy your time. The action isn't over the top and ridiculous like COD but is still very thrilling.

PROS

-Excellent Visuals/Sound
-Great atmosphere
-Superb Set-pieces
-Believable scenarios

CONS

-Sappy story
-Short
-It's a modern military fps...

Multiplayer

The multiplayer is OK, nothing to write home about but definitely better than COD. Shooting feels tight, progression is a decent IV drip, but the class and weapon split seems off(eg. unlocking iron sights...WTF?). The game modes are varied and add a change of pace to the often crowded genre, the maps are decent but there are definitely a few "last minute" additions. The game is definitely best played with a "known" squad since it relies on squad tactics heavily. Gameplay is tight and will only get better with subsequent patches.

PROS

-Tight gameplay
-Excellent Visuals
-Great sound design
-Interesting Class/Weapon system
-Promotes Team-play
-Weapons feel great
-Happy medium between COD/BF type shooters

CONS

-Awkward progression/unlocks(some may see as a plus)
-Inconsistent player/server matching
-Cluttered interface
-Max 20 players
-Remnants of console focused design

All in all MOH is a well designed game, it has it's shortfalls but nothing that doesn't seem like it couldn't be remedied. If you are coming to this game for a well written and impactful story I can say that the modern military genre is not for you, but if you are looking for a quick diversion in this crowded genre it definitely makes a great choice. I mostly play these games for the multiplayer and I am definitely enjoying it more than your run of the mill COD's but that being said, I won't be moving over from BF3 any time soon...

MOH makes a commendable attempt at an already crowded genre. IT pulls off the fundamentals well but it lacks the polish and scale that a game like BF3 brings to the table. However, if I were to recommend a military focused game this season it would be MOH, even though I haven't play the next COD I don't really think my opinion will change. If you are still debating if this game is worth your 60 bucks maybe wait for a black Friday sale since it is definitely worth the $30 I spent with my BF3: Premium discount.

Regardless hope to see y'all on the battlefield whichever one it may be :salute:

Last edited:
I'm a couple hours into this game and I'm sorry, but it BLOWS. The AI is actually retarded, the guns are too weak, breaching got very old - very quickly and there are numerous dead body glitches where the enemies seem to fly away or fall through buildings when killed.

Seriously unimpressed.

His wife isn't even hot.

Last edited:
Those may come in bugs or as it goes, not polished.

I killed an enemy and he was still yapping away while being dead!. yap yap yap

The game is epic!. Wonderful visuals and EPIC sound. I haven't heard such nice sound quality either in BF3 or in CoD MW3.

OF course, the game is bug prone. Once I saw my team mate, Mother AFAIK, gliding to the door to breach it.

Last edited:
Bugs aside I don't think this game is nearly as broken as BF3 was when it launched, and now BF3 is flawless imo.

played and finished the sp was ok not great but ok, had a hard time aiming that sniper rifle in the sniper stages though

Yup the sniper seems to make you compensate wayy more than is actually required or realistic for that matter.

Back