• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS digital port - what cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hollowbin

Hello folks
So I was given this soundcard and since its better than the sound on my motherboard (gigabyte p55a-ud3) I would obviously prefer to use that as my sound source.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Soundblaster_Audigy2_ZS.jpg

I have a sound receiver connected to the computer and the receiver has both Coaxial and Optical ports which the soundcard doesn't have.. my motherboard has both though.

But I found out the soundcard has a digital port but since its a 3.5mm port what type of cable would I need?
Say if I want to connect the card to the receiver with the optical port.

Thanks in advance!

That cable won't work since the jack doesn't have a laser diode. Just get a 3.5mm to RCA cable, which you can find at your local electronics store.

BTW, onboard will give exactly the same quality as the sound card if you're using digital. If you also use headphones and don't want to switch between sound card and onboard to do that, what I suggested would be the way to go.

Back