• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting really FRUSTRATED!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alisa81617

I hope someone can help me. I was unistalling some things on my kids pc that wasn't need. I wasn't paying attention and ended up deleting 2 or 3 things that had to do NVIDIA. Im pretty sure one of them was display driver. I have been trying to redownload the stuff but I'm not sure what to download. I noticed one of my sons games has the NVIDIA drivers to download right from the game but it wont let me cause its only for windows below 7. Since I have unistalled whatever I did by accident their internet connection is very slow where it takes forever for pages to load, etc. Their pc is also trying to install the following but keeps failing: nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - NVIDIA GeForce 210

I don't know what to do.

Someone had replied to my other post and had suggested to do this: If your display driver needs to be installed then download a driver on a working computer then copy it to a USB Flash drive and install it on the PC with the NVIDIA GeForce 210 video card.

The card is GeForce > GeForce 200 Series > GeForce 210 > Select operating system
Go here where it says Manual Driver Search:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

The point of this thread is not to allow hardware drivers to be installed by Windows Update and to instead install them by downloading them from manufacturer's web site only.
In other words, to use Windows update to install Windows updates only, not video card updates and other hardware updates.

Definitely start a new thread in this section if you have other problems and people will help you.

So far I am on my third download from the drivers that is available and so I have gotten failed to install or some error. Im getting really mad cause of my screw up its hard for my kids to play their games or even watch Netflix cause ever since I uninstalled the NVIDIA products and not sure what ones the browser continuously says page(s) unresponsive or the web site takes forever to load.

I dont know what to do.:bang head

LETS TRY A SIMPLE INSTALL FIRST.
#1 REMOVE ALL NVIDIA PROGRAMS THROUGH CONTROL PALEL.
#2 reboot system,
#3 move downloaded driver to the desktp and extract it if needed.
#4 install driver package and reboot.
i screw this one up all the time.

I hope someone can help me. I was unistalling some things on my kids pc that wasn't need. I wasn't paying attention and ended up deleting 2 or 3 things that had to do NVIDIA. Im pretty sure one of them was display driver. I have been trying to redownload the stuff but I'm not sure what to download. I noticed one of my sons games has the NVIDIA drivers to download right from the game but it wont let me cause its only for windows below 7. Since I have unistalled whatever I did by accident their internet connection is very slow where it takes forever for pages to load, etc. Their pc is also trying to install the following but keeps failing: nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - NVIDIA GeForce 210

I don't know what to do.

Someone had replied to my other post and had suggested to do this: If your display driver needs to be installed then download a driver on a working computer then copy it to a USB Flash drive and install it on the PC with the NVIDIA GeForce 210 video card.

The card is GeForce > GeForce 200 Series > GeForce 210 > Select operating system
Go here where it says Manual Driver Search:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

The point of this thread is not to allow hardware drivers to be installed by Windows Update and to instead install them by downloading them from manufacturer's web site only.
In other words, to use Windows update to install Windows updates only, not video card updates and other hardware updates.

Definitely start a new thread in this section if you have other problems and people will help you.

So far I am on my third download from the drivers that is available and so I have gotten failed to install or some error. Im getting really mad cause of my screw up its hard for my kids to play their games or even watch Netflix cause ever since I uninstalled the NVIDIA products and not sure what ones the browser continuously says page(s) unresponsive or the web site takes forever to load.

I dont know what to do.:bang head

Sounds like Windows is borked. Time to wipe the HDD and do a clean install....

Hi, Alisa. The symptoms are confusing, let's try this.
Here is a picture of the page where you get your drivers. As c627627 said, the address is http://www.geforce.com/drivers . Match the values of the boxes to what I've done, and then download the one I've put arrows next too, you don't want to mess with a beta driver right now. Then, put the downloaded executable file on the desktop.

Nvidia website again.png

Next. Go to the control panel, to the "uninstall a program" section.
Right click on anything with nvidia on it, and uninstall it.

control panel fin.png

Reboot the computer.
Launch the Nvidia driver installer. Take note. You need to click on the "Custom (Advanced)" option, not the Express option.
Also! Make sure the "Perform a clean installation" box is checked! This should wipe out any broken settings... hopefully.

nvidia installer fin1.png

And let us know if this works. Sorry your day's going so badly!

Everything for NVIDIA is already uninstalled. Thats how I end up in this mess. I was removing toolbars that my son seems to not realize he is installing and was making the anti-virus program go nuts with warnings. I moved faster then the list and ended up uninstall either 2 or 3 NVIDIA programs. I though I got lucky cause one of the games my son has you can install the drivers by itself but its for windows 2000/Vista/XP.

Arbiter Odie I am going to try the ones you said to install. I have been working from the bottom up.

I dont know much about pc's.

checking them all will just reinsall everything, should cause no issues.
nvidia installs no garbage.

Ok. Can I just download them onto my laptop and then put them on my external hard drive and onto my kids pc?

Ok. Can I just download them onto my laptop and then put them on my external hard drive and onto my kids pc?
Hi, yes you can do that as long as the kids PC has a usb port to plug the external drive into. A_Os instructions were very good, when it ask you if you would like to run or save the driver just select save & tell it where to save it to. Then you can put it anywhere you want & run it from there.
Good luck Dan

Last edited:

Yep. Is this because the internet is slow on that computer? Make sure you put the files on the desktop, trust me on this.

Also, Caddidaddi is totally right, everything there is safe to leave checked.

Edit: I didn't see papadan's post. He's dead on. Sorry dan :D

Thank you everyone for your help. Thank you so much Arbiter Odie for showing me how to do it step by step. It worked and everything seems all good again. I am so realized.

Just saw the latests posts. Yes I was transferring it from my laptop to their desktop cause it took forever just to get one download to finish. Even getting it from my external hard drive was a slow battle.

Arbiter Odie now that I have it all fixed do I still leave the download on the desktop and do I still leave the other file you said to download alone?

Thanks again everyone. Even the internet seems so much faster on my kids pc again. :)

Back