• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eoin

Watercooling parts?

Hey there. i was thinking of starting into getting a watercooling loop in the system and i was just wondering what ye thought of my parts list.

cpu block - EK-Supremacy - Acetal or the swiftech apogee
gpu block - EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acetal+Nickel with back plate
pump - MCP655
res - EK-Multioption RES X2
Radiators - 2x 240mm or a 360mm and a 240mm both will fit
compression fittings.
Tubing size no idea

i am currently running
Cpu - fx8350
Gpu - gainward Gtx 780 3gb
Mb - crosshair v formula
ram crosshair 16gb at 1600 mhz
psu 1200 watt

First, you have a 780ti block and state you own a 780. I dont think that will work.Otherwise, 2x240mm is the minimum rad I would go. Tubing size is really your choice. Anything above 1/4" ID will not restrict flow. I use 7/16 ID, some use 1/2".

With that 1.2KW PSU, are you getting 2 more 780's or was that just overkill?

Also, please only create one thread on the same subject. I deleted your duplicate thread. :)

on the ek website it said that that gpu waterblock was compatible with the model i have?
i was thinking on using the 7/16 alrite.

i am planning on in the future i am slowly getting the money together to purchase 2 more

sorry about the double post i put it in under the wrong heading and i couldnt find where to delete the first one :/

sorry i ment i will have 2 of them. i have 27" moniter and a 24 inch moniter at the moment. i plan on going up to 3 24" and keeping the 27"

5760x1080 will be your res... Get 2 780's in that case... though truthfully, you would want an AMD or something with more than 3GB at that res... but its a bit too late.

5760x1080 will be your res... Get 2 780's in that case... though truthfully, you would want an AMD or something with more than 3GB at that res... but its a bit too late.

One 780 pushes 5760x1080 just fine for me, I would get the monitors first then the second GPU later.

It would depend on the game and setting. Using multiple monitors should allow one to lower AA, which of course lowers the amount of vram use... But if one wanted all the eye candy on at that res, 3GB will be easily eclipsed.

You are looking at 2.120 for the CPU and at least 4.120 for the two 780's
AMD is a lot of heat as you approach 5Ghz so really think about how hard you are going to push this if you want decent dt's
Also you will need to think about noise, silent will take more surface area a lower rpm fans
Where is the rad sizing I suggested above would put you in the 2200 rpm range if you are going to really push this

Altought I am not fimiliar with the sticky's I am sure they are up to par and should be utilized so you have. Basic idea of what your entertaining
Please note the sizing of the rads and rpm is off the cuff and needs to be cross referenced with your actual load

Sorry pecking this out on my phone

Learn all you can
Most of all take your time and have fun with it

If you are goi9ng to really push the FX 8350 + GPU you will want to put as much rad into your case as you can. That is with the assumption you want to keep this all internal. I would be looking at min 360 + 240 or 280 if you can fit it, match these with good fans.

Spend some time in the stickies and do this right the first time. For my FX8350 + NB/VRM cooling block I am running a 360 + 240 Black Ice GTX Extreme rad's with 2150rpm GT45's. I still can push 60*C+ temps on my Cores @ 5+ GHZ and 45*C on my socket temps so the question is how much more heat will your GTX 780 generate compared to my chipset block?

2x 120.2 or 120.2 + 120.3 will do, but will probably become a bit loud when you're pushing the system, esspecially with two 780's. Thou, this might not matter if this is during a high-octane gaming session, the explosions will cancel out the fan noise :)
Stealth/sniping can be more difficult when getting distracted by the fan noise :)

What's the case you are using? There might be a possibility to go 2x 120.3 or more.
Or, you can go external, with a MO-RA or similar bolted to the side. :)

i dont fancy going external i want to keep them all inside :)
i have a 900d on the way

Last edited:
That will house 2x Quads

you could roll with 1200 RPM fans with low FPI rads and be pretty silent :)

i have a 900d on the way

In that case, fill her up with rads and call it a day if money ain't an issue! :rofl::p Otherwise a 120.4 and 120.2 for extra measure should be more than enough at 800-1000 rpm. Assuming you get premium rad fans.

That will house 2x Quads

you could roll with 1200 RPM fans with low FPI rads and be pretty silent :)

and a 120.2 on the PSU side. :D

Rollie, why do you keep linking us overseas retail stores? lol Always wondered that but nonetheless the rads you linked are great. For the top actually you can go with a ST60. Lots of room up there, I mean we are talking about a 900D here. ST30 are great for slim towers or something like the Corsair 540.

ah aquatuning claims to be international hence the aquatuning.us :)
although they really are based around the corner in Germany. But they have a very complete, well organised site, with some good descriptions/documentation & package offers... better as performance-pcs IMHO. I point to it mainly as a reference, it's up to you to find a "local" shop for what i refer to on aquatuning :)

Also: i dont know what performance pcs has done to their site, but it has terrible response times for me since a couple of months.

with 2 quad rads, cpu and 2 graphics cards is that not a lot for 1 pump?

Back