• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 1.3 what motherboard best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyDigital

Registered
Hi
My friend doesn't know that much about computers but just recently he bought a computer system from Alien Ware. He got a p4 1.3 and 128 mb of pc800 RD ram on a pentium motherboard. Just recently he totally F***ed his system up by updating the bios, and it never got to turn on again. We tried for hours one day to recover that **** but I couldn't get it to work. I dont know much about p4 systems and was wondering what motherboard I should get him to buy. I dont think he really cares the price of the board but I would like to help him get something pimping. I recommened a MSI board but I run a amd althon.

P4 Mobo

Just put together a P4 system, and wondered the same thing. After a lot of research and a lot of luck with past Asus mobo's, I was set on the Asus P4T. Then I stumbled across the Abit TH7. Very good for overclocking, as is the Asus. But, the clincher was the built-in Raid on the Abit board. Plus the Abit is a little cheaper.
Installation was flawless and it's been running great for the last 2 weeks.
You really can't go wrong with either board.
Just MHO. :)

Back