• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Vh-ii Voltage Mod.- How?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

riceman

Does anyone know how to modify the voltage past 1.70v on this mobo? I am running a 566 celmineII@
850 on 100 fsb-no problems, but i want to go higher and past 100 fsb the SOB locks up.Any suggestions would help-thanks
also have 256mb pc133 micron in the thing

creature of few words

try www.hardocp.com and look in the articles section.

One note to get this too work you need to try for just a hair over your default CV or it will not work it took me three tries because the first two times i was trying to vidpin for the CV i wanted the trick is to just go a little higher my CV [default was 1.75] and when i vidpinned for 1.9 it worked fine and now i have 2.10 in BIOS.

outhouse, so you're saying that if I rase my voltage by a bit, my bios should allow me to go higher?

like right now I have def. CV of 1.5. Mobo allows 1.7v max. If I vidpin it to say to 1.8v the magic should happen?

Super said:
outhouse, so you're saying that if I rase my voltage by a bit, my bios should allow me to go higher?

like right now I have def. CV of 1.5. Mobo allows 1.7v max. If I vidpin it to say to 1.8v the magic should happen?

Yep that is the way to get it to work you may try for 1.7 first and see how that works if you need more it will be there

This is where i messed up I was looking into power management IC mods until Batboy told me to vidpin for a lower default CV and yippie it worked then.

Back