• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What games have u managed to play in your Note???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Super Nade said:
Notebook:
HPZe4600us
AMD XPM 1.7GHz
ATi Radeon IGP320M

Games:
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
Quake 3
Hitman 2

I agree with Mr.B 100% ; IGP =....laaaagg :(

Oooooohhh I recognize you from DF:BHD.... OCS and EID servers??

My laptop is my gamer....
3ghz intel with h/t
2 x 512 kingston pc3200
9600 pro 128mb dedicated

Doom3
Farcry
Quake3

That's what I play and they all run pretty smooth, using Omega drivers.
The only benchmark I have run is 3dmark2001se and that was jus shy of 11,000. Good enough for me.

doom3 1024x768
farcry same
counterstrike source1400x1050
hl2 1280x1024
sims2 1400x1050
all are very playable framrates/no lag at all

Cl56 P-M1.7/1g ram/ati9700 128MB

On my A64 notebook (2.0 GHz w/512 MB RAM and Radeon9700), pretty much all DX9 games will play at a decent frame rate ... The battery is the only real weakspot.

Stuff like:
Halo
HL2
Doom 3 (decent)
Farcry
Minesweeper (10 fps... 0_o)

CL56 said:
doom3 1024x768
farcry same
counterstrike source1400x1050
hl2 1280x1024
sims2 1400x1050
all are very playable framrates/no lag at all

Cl56 P-M1.7/1g ram/ati9700 128MB

The more I read about these over at notebookforums.com, the more I like what I'm reading.

Nice machines. :thup:

SB911 said:
Oooooohhh I recognize you from DF:BHD.... OCS and EID servers??

My laptop is my gamer....
3ghz intel with h/t
2 x 512 kingston pc3200
9600 pro 128mb dedicated

Doom3
Farcry
Quake3

That's what I play and they all run pretty smooth, using Omega drivers.
The only benchmark I have run is 3dmark2001se and that was jus shy of 11,000. Good enough for me.

Yep. I'm Super Nade or Dr Goonda on BHD. Mostly play on TNT, Team Havoc, OCS, EID and Digitil Knives only :)

I wasn't aware of the Omega's earlier and I think thats why my gaming experience was so terrible. Forgot to mention that I had 512 + 256 Mb RAM.
The lappy cost me $750 (All inclusive). I guess thats what you get for the price...a big clunker with bad graphics. It ran hot too. Although I'd blame that on poor ventilation and I suppose the XP-M's ran hotter than the Centrinos.

Edit*
Do we have an OCF BHD squad?

Dell i8600
Pentium M 1.6 Ghz
Kingmax 2*512 3-3-4
Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro

I can play HL2, Far Cry, and any other game out there. It's great for most of the UT that I play but if I'm bored at work and feel like playing a game with a plot I'll just switch on over. The frame rates aren't too bad. It jumps in some areas of HL2 but at the resolution and graphics I can't complain :D

Difficult decision..... I´m an ocasional gamer, but wouldn´t like to be unable to paly games... The Intel extreme Graphics 2 is a dead end... If I buy something with it i´ll be buying with the knowledge that I´ll never play anytihing good again until my next desktop (I´ll plan stay without desk for some 18 months... Will sell my old Rig...) Maybe the Intel Media acellerator900 with a double channel DDR2 could do a litle better and play like a R7500 ???
Humberto

You can get a lappy with a dedicated Radeon 9200 or something of the like for not a lot at the moment I think. That would suffice for occasional gaming.

NFSU2, halo...freedom force?

it runs doom 3 with all the graphics down, but its not super.

specs in sig

If anyone have a Sonoma based Notebook with DDR2 using the Intel Media Acellerator900 please try running quakeIII and tell me what happens... Intel Extreeme Graphics2 ... I can´t swallow it... I saw a review where the media acelerator 900 was just a litle bit better than the Extreme Graphics2, but paired with DDR2 maybe it could be better.... and Ok for my occasional gaming...

i've been able to play everything i've loaded on it with the exception of Halo for PC (due to some stupid compatability issue) but that game sucked anway. counter-strike works fine maxed out of course as does quake3. ut2k4 does fine at high settings as does CoD. more advanced games like HL2/CS:Source stress my card out and make it harder to play, i have to play on medium settings.

the ati mobility radeon 9000 is pretty good for a 64mb card.

Ok... Ordered an Acer C314, It´s a PM760 with 1gb ddran2 dualchannel, Nvidia 6200 turbocache, dvdrw-Dl, 100gb.... I think it ´ll be ok for ocasionall gaming...

All at 1600x1200 high detail

Doom3
HL2
Planetside
Call of Duty
Far Cry (Few wierd texture glitches, but ran good FPS)

lappy (See below) has had no problems with anything I have thrown at it. Love it, its the only thing that keeps me sane while living out of Hotels in China for work.

Mine does bascilly anything i throw at it. I play CS:S on 19x14, all on high except for AA(Not needed at that high of a resolution) and get a steady 80fps while surfing and playing assault. HL2 is good. BF2 on high. I need more games...

Back