• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OC IBM R31 need FSB program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g_face2k

I searched all over, I even decided to crack open this laptop and look for the clock generator's crystal but I couldn't find one and I cound figure out witch IC would be the clock gen. the laptop already goes 1.2ghz but I'm trying to see if I can get more out of it since the Intel 830 GPU suxs I can get Halo to run at 15fps on low settings. Any input would be great.

G_Face2k

Well I found an answer for my question and decided to post it up for others to see. The IBM Think Pad R31 uses an ICS ICS950805 and as you can see on the CPU FSB program site (all the way on the bottom) its never going to be possible to over clock the CPU on these laptops. I guess I as well as the rest of the owners of this laptop are only left with the option of getting a new laptop, PCI-X here I come....

Back