• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 @ 4.0GHz on air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got 4.3 on water with my q6600,

4ghz is stable for benching but can't get stable over 450 fsb.

WOuld have been nice to see where this cpu could go on air, i know alot of my mates have hit 3.8-3.9 on air, not stable though, most are fine at 3.6 though.

Mine is very very stable 3.89 1.52 vcore 24/7

tmps, 30 - 60 (max load prime 95)

You're at 4GHz and are thinking of going down to 3GHz fro 24/7? I'd think you'd shoot a bit higher than that. 3.6GHz 24/7 should be very doable for you.
Oops...I meant to say 3.8GHz...I'm already 24/7 stable at 450x8 (3.6GHz). Problem I'm running into now is a FSB wall over 450MHz.
wow those clocks inspire me to get a Q6600 instead of a Q9450.

:D
It's a very tough call in my opinion. Many people are concerned the new 45nm parts are going to have a hard FSB limit around 450MHz, with the lowly x8 multiplier on the Q9450...that means you'd to out about 3.6GHz. So the only advantage would be SSE4 and lower power consumption/heat.
I got 4.3 on water with my q6600,

4ghz is stable for benching but can't get stable over 450 fsb.

WOuld have been nice to see where this cpu could go on air, i know alot of my mates have hit 3.8-3.9 on air, not stable though, most are fine at 3.6 though.

Mine is very very stable 3.89 1.52 vcore 24/7

tmps, 30 - 60 (max load prime 95)
Those are nice results...I'm not interested in water (pumps are too noisy!), but those clocks are probably worth it for many. :beer:

Alright, finally...the "TRUE" has arrived! Installed last night, and got straight to the OCing. It seems this chip doesn't want to go any higher that 4005MHz with a limit of 1.6V (and I'm not going to give it any more with this cooling). But, I do seem pretty stable at 3825MHz (that's 425x9) with 1.575V and my temps are incredible compared to the Zalman cooler I was using the cores are an average of 20C cooler at load :eek: And that's with 225 extra MHz and 0.075 more volts, I'm very impressed!

I've been stressing the entire system for over 4 hours now with prime95 + rthdribl and all seems good.

BTW - for all those individuals shouting the wonders of 1KW PSUs...thought I'd mention I'm running this system with an old Enermax Liberty 500W PSU with 2x22A 12V rails ;) 1000W PSUs are sold with pure marketing...not for real neccessity.

I have a mcp655 and its probably the quitest component with moving part in my whole system.
I've heard that from lots of hard core OCers, but the silent enthusiast community says it's one loud beast. Two different perspectives, two different opinions. I'll reserve judgement till I hear one for myself (thanks anyhow). :beer:

Would the TRUE be a worthwhile upgrade from the XP-90c? Think they'll come out w/ a copper version of the TRUE?

Please help to OC my new baby

hi, I am new to the forum and new OC, please help me to OC my new baby parts that I bought on Black Friday Deal :). I got Q6600 Go Step CPU, Abit IP35-E, 2GB OCZ Platium rev.2 PC6400 CL 4-4-4-15, Seagate 5000GB @7200.11 (ver.2), 500Watts PS, a decent air cooling ( not sure what brand). thanks in advance.

Nice clocks MIAHALLEN

I am just getting into the clocking game with my G0 running 3.4 @1.4v but my temps are too high (65C loaded) need to get more cooling and hopeflluy kjoin up the 4GHz quad club :)

Sure, for like 20-25 dollars more than the aluminum one.

No, it would be WAY TOO heavy! This one is already very heavy, beyond Intels specs for sure. BTW - the base and heatpipes are already nickle plated copper.

New record of 3.85GHz...8hrs prime95 stable on air! :D

I also successfully ran all 4 3DMark benchies at over 4GHz!!! :eek:

The biggest change was a new BIOS (F9) for my Gigabyte board which adds Vcore load leveling (but vdroop hasn't changed).

Sweet...great clocks there! What Vcore are you at and what temps are you seeing?

Back