• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one played kanes wrath yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm still stuck on the last GDI mission in C&C3 :(

Won't be getting the expansion till I finish the original :p

eh its pretty cool. The new units and races are fun to play with, but it seems the scrin is way overpowered still.
I do like the new game that you play kinda like a game of risk, and you can either play the battles in real time or just let the game decide who will win. Havent done too much of the single player missions though. So far its decent. I wouldnt recommend buying unless you really enjoyed the first

I havent played the C&C3, is it any good? I didnt care for Generals, and never bought it. Personally, my favorites are Tiberian dawn, Tiberian sun, and RA1, with great gameplay, even though the graphics are 12 years old.

I'm still stuck on the last GDI mission in C&C3 :(

Won't be getting the expansion till I finish the original :p

i havent finished it either! i had to reinstall windows because of corruption and forgot to back up my save so ive got to start again, but i'm looking forward to it! i was stuck on the last mission for the gdi aswell! its solid aint it?!

I havent played the C&C3, is it any good? I didnt care for Generals, and never bought it. Personally, my favorites are Tiberian dawn, Tiberian sun, and RA1, with great gameplay, even though the graphics are 12 years old.

i preferred red alert 1 the most! cnc3 is much improved over tiberian sun! i liked it at first (ts) but now it sucks! especially when its compared to cnc3! your bound to recognise most of the cast aswell which is quite fun!!

eh its pretty cool. The new units and races are fun to play with, but it seems the scrin is way overpowered still.
I do like the new game that you play kinda like a game of risk, and you can either play the battles in real time or just let the game decide who will win. Havent done too much of the single player missions though. So far its decent. I wouldnt recommend buying unless you really enjoyed the first

damn i forgot to multi quote you!

what new races?

new units too eh?

is it big enough to buy now or wait for a price drop??

i havent finished it either! i had to reinstall windows because of corruption and forgot to back up my save so ive got to start again, but i'm looking forward to it! i was stuck on the last mission for the gdi aswell! its solid aint it?!

I can handle the NOD coming from the upper right, and sometimes hold my own against the Scrin coming from the left, but after like 10 minutes, I get hit with the rift generator thing and it hoses my whole base. If I go take the Scrin minibase just to the west, they send in a bunch of air units and gank me.. Can't wait till my new video card comes and I can keep trying :beer:

I can handle the NOD coming from the upper right, and sometimes hold my own against the Scrin coming from the left, but after like 10 minutes, I get hit with the rift generator thing and it hoses my whole base. If I go take the Scrin minibase just to the west, they send in a bunch of air units and gank me.. Can't wait till my new video card comes and I can keep trying :beer:

there just too much stuff coming at once!

did you get the kane edition? i didnt watch the strategy videos until i was well into the game, but theres a great tip where you put rocket men in apc's!

a whole load of them and youve got a formidable all round force good against both men and air assaults! i never used to use apc's unless i was transporting engineers or commando's but if you havent tried it yet trust me rocket men in apc's kick ***!!

So you can play through the single player in a Risk-esque style where it just runs a prediction, is this so that you can see the story or what?

Also, approximately how many new units? and are they cool?

so there are two new races for each faction. Both have a few differences in there gameplay style. Lots of new units to build and every race has its own super tank/bug/machine that you can build that is kinda like a hero, but doesnt have powers. You can upgrade each by garrisoning different types of units in them.

the risk style part isnt in the story mode. Theres a huge map and you can see the different races scattered around. Each turn you can upgrade your base/units etc or decide to attack another players land. During the attack you can either play it in real time or you can let the computer decide who wins based on your # of units and what you have upgraded. I havent won a game like that yet! i always just play it in real time and woop some butt. The expansion is like 6 gigs but of course its full of classic cnc videos etc.

@mrbobc- I used that same technique in generals. Put a bunch of rocketeers and 1 sniper in a humvee and its unstoppable!

There are new units and new subfactions but I find myself, for the most part, still relying on what I know and I don't think any of the subfactions add a lot to the game play. However, the upgrades are a nice addition and the super mech machines are cool especially the Redeemer (NOD) and the Eradicator Hexapod (Scrin). The GDI M.A.R.V., IMO, looks like a bloated Tonka Truck. :rolleyes: :D

From my experience I think NOD is definitely improved and thus more formiable, though I still prefer GDI.

I didn't like CC3 and thought it was very overrated. Won't even come close to this. =\

Back