• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change the other MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ots_ots

Registered
Hi ! i was using "GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard"
It may burnt or something wrong , so it did not work anymore . This item has not been stock anymore :cry: , so can i change this mobo to another one? is this possible? anything happen after change? like OS Win 7 i was using or some software , hardware will be effect after change?
can anyone help me this before i change please !!

:welcome: to OCF!

I'm having some trouble understanding exactly what it is you're doing. If you're just changing the motherboard for the same model you already have then you shouldn't have to do anything.

If you're changing to a different model motherboard then you should probably reinstall Windows. Some people very familiar with Windows can delete all the drivers and make the switch without reinstalling but you really have to know what you're doing to make that work ...

More than likely you will have to reinstall Windows unless you can get exactly the same motherboard to replace the "burnt" one. You say it is "out of stock". Do you mean with the same vendor you purchased it from originally or do you mean its no longer available anywhere? There is an outside chance you might be able boot into Windows if you get a different board with the same chipset. If this was indeed the case, I would certainly update the drivers from the new board's install disc once you did get into Windows right away. At any rate, if you wind up having to reinstall the OS make sure you choose the install option to back up the old installation so you can retrieve any files you want saved.

thanks Quietice and trents alot for helping !
I tried to look at my old modo but ... no more available for this modo.
I think i just can buy the new modo one to match my Processor .
So i have to reinstall , if my window is OEM Xp 64bit professional , do i have any trouble to install them? or nothing happen when i reinstall OS to the new modo?
thanks 4 helping again

Back