• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tommcd64

When overclocking do you have to change the fsb as well as the multiplier on this board? I have tried that but when it boots wcpuid still shows it as being a 10.5 multiplier. I have an IWill XP333 version 2 with an Athlon XP 1600+, 1024MB DDR266 RAM. On other boards I could just increase the clock multiplier. I was hoping to get it to close to a 1700 or 1800. No major overclocking just enough to do the job better at my video editing. Any ideas?

OC

Welcome to the forums!

Is the CPU locked? That might explain why the multiplyer adjustment doesn't do anything. For Athlon XP's you have to fill the L1 pits with something non-conductive and then connect the L1 contacts with something conductive in order to unlock the multiplyers. FSB will help you more than just multiplyer overclocking, although you'll probably want to do a little of both to find "the perfect speed".

cpu unlocked

It is is unlocked. The previous motherboard I had would overclock the same cpu with just the multiplier.

I got the same proc (AthlonXP 1600+ mines also AGOGA) and the IWill XP333 and if your chip is unlocked it should go. You may also want to look at your chip again and see if a bridge came unlocked when you took it out.

Back