• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't reach beyond 141 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoltrix!

Registered
Hey guys!

It's my 1st thread in this forum :D

Anyway, i have a problem with my OC attempts. I have an:
Abit KR7A - Raid
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
Mushkin High Perf. pc2100 256MB DDR CAS 222 w/Heat Spreader
Hercules 3D Prophet III Ti500
Creative SB Audigy 5.1 Player
2 X Genius GF100TXRIII Ethernet (Realtek chip)
ect...

When i first tried to overclock my system i found that i can't pass the 141 FSB clock. The Windows stoped it's before loading and said that there is a dangerous setting and it can't load itself (Blue screen... again....).
The message also said to disable any BIOS shadowing/caching and to check my new hardware drivers.
Anyway... I changed OS and the trouble eccured again. (different blue screen, win9x).
My first OS was XP PRO Build 2600 and i switched to ME.
After that, i switched my memory module, got better cooling, took out the Ethrnet and sound cards, switched Video Cards, and tried to mess with the BIOS settings.
Three things can cause this problem, ME and MY BIOS settings, CPU fault, MOBO fault.

Can someone please help me with this problem?
Did someone incountered this problem himself?
And last one, WHAT is causing this problem, i'll replace it.

Thank you VERY VERY much!

Zoltrix!

I had the same error from Win XP when first trying to get my system to run at spec (fsb@133mhz). My problem was poor cooling. With changing my fhs combo I can now overclock the fsb@145mhz and cpu temps never get above 51C.

Oh one more thing... and I need to try this myself. Have you increased the cpu voltage? I'm hoping to oc my 1900@1875 but in order to get there I think I need to up the cpu voltage. Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back