• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crackling in speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

when i play games soemtime my speakers pop and crackle and it gets on my nerve i turn the wave volume down to like 15% and that helped some i also did midi then i did total volume and just turn my speakers up by the knob but i still get crackles and pops

i have a sblive 5.1 and altec lansing 4.1 speakers not digital

i do have the new updated drivers for xp but i didnt install all the creative mixers and stuff

sounds like the connections for one of the speakers is either loose, or dying..check all connections...if you can open up the actual speaker without breaking it, then do that and check the actual solder points on the back of the speaker....this happened to me, and one of the solder points was hanging on by 1 stand of wire...

well i checked all the connections and i cant find any screw holes but the crackle comes out of all the speakers at one and it does this between motherboards when i switched them it did it before and it does it now could my speakers just be dying?

probably...you can get good speakers for not very expensive...it could also be the sound card..ill ask my bro, cause one of my sound cards died, and i cant remember if it did the same thing

ok, asked my bro, and it did the same thing when it died..so it might be your sound card, see if it still under warranty...or test your computers in a different computer..this should narrow it down to one or the other..if its the same one a different computer, its the speakers..if its good on a diff computer..its the card.

yeah ill check creative tech support but since today is christmas i wont be able to test till tomarrow

had this problem before. It was caused for me when the Harddrive did something. All I did was move the cord away from the case of the computer and it worked. Another problem I had with my SB live and some digital speakers was that the speakers sucked, and all I did was replace them. Good luck

well crap they work cause one of the channels from the sub woofer died like the rear right speaker doesnt work so i stuck it into the rear left channel adn it worked so i put the other speaker in the other channel and it didnt work so i have come to the conclusion that where the rear right channel plugs in it is dead on the sub

Sounds like you've moved on from your initial problem but sometimes the "Enable Memory Hole 15-16M" option in your BIOS works to cure this issue with some Soundblaster cards. My SB Live Value has only done that on one motherboard out of four that I have had it in at some point.

just winamp but i think i fixed it my dog tipped over the subwoofer and the speaker came on but if it happens again ill have to open the sub woofer up and fix the loose connection in probably

Back